PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   TELUS launching the BlackBerry Tour and HTC Snap on July 15th, Touch Pro2 on the 21st (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73847)

searcher61 07-06-2009 09:23 AM

TELUS launching the BlackBerry Tour and HTC Snap on July 15th, Touch Pro2 on the 21st

It looks as if July is shaping up to be a pretty good month for TELUS subscribers — how does three hot new handsets in one week sound? One of our ninjas just hit us to let us know the carrier will apparently be launching both the BlackBerry Tour and the HTC Snap on July 15th followed less than a week later by the HTC Touch Pro2 on the 21st. So far the only pricing we have is for the Tour and the Snap, which will go for $249.99 and $29.99 respectively on 3-year contracts. As for the Pro2, unfortunately pricing has yet to be entered into the TELUS system. We’re doing our damnedest to get more details but in the meantime you’ve got some decision making to do, TELUS subscribers.

We’re hearing $249.99 for the Touch Pro2.

http://gadgetsite.info/telus-launchi...-the-21st.html

basilray 07-06-2009 10:02 AM

Re: TELUS launching the BlackBerry Tour and HTC Snap on July 15th, Touch Pro2 on the

It hurts my heart knowing Canada will be getting the Touch Pro 2 before the US.

Lucky Canucks.

TheRealHotshot 07-06-2009 10:06 AM

Re: TELUS launching the BlackBerry Tour and HTC Snap on July 15th, Touch Pro2 on the

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1016948)
It hurts my heart knowing Canada will be getting the Touch Pro 2 before the US.

Lucky Canucks.

Yes it does but look on the bright side telus is cmda and so is sprint. So hopefully it will be here soon enough ;)

themuffinman 07-06-2009 10:47 AM

$249.99 contract price for a pro 2 is pretty damn good (if true) I guess, but I am more curious as far as what the regular price will be(I am with sprint). But then again if I am not mistaking when telus came out with the touch pro it was $199 contract price but that was for 3years and not the typical 2 years you would see here in the states, so $249 may not be that good of a deal.

TheRealHotshot 07-06-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1017009)
$249.99 contract price for a pro 2 is pretty damn good (if true) I guess, but I am more curious as far as what the regular price will be(I am with sprint). But then again if I am not mistaking when telus came out with the touch pro it was $199 contract price but that was for 3years and not the typical 2 years you would see here in the states, so $249 may not be that good of a deal.

Seeing how the tp2 is not really that big of an upgrade(let some folks on this forum tell it lol) I would think the price of the tp2 pricing will be like the tp pricing when it 1st came out. That makes sense to me so I'm guessing 549.99 for outright which is fine by my but I'm not paying more than 650 plus tax for a tp2. Cause I'm buying mines outright price

themuffinman 07-06-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1017036)
Seeing how the tp2 is not really that big of an upgrade(let some folks on this forum tell it lol) I would think the price of the tp2 pricing will be like the tp pricing when it 1st came out. That makes sense to me so I'm guessing 549.99 for outright which is fine by my but I'm not paying more than 650 plus tax for a tp2. Cause I'm buying mines outright price

Actually I am probably going to buy one outright myself and its primarily for the larger screen and thats it. So I am guessing 599.99 but my gut is telling me it will be $600+ which I will find very hard to justify purchasing at such a high price but I probably buy one anyway. Damn I can remember the days when I could wait a few months to a year before I get someting else but now its like I have to get the next best thing no matter what.

EDIT: LOL nice avatar by the way, I didn't notice it at first.

w7excursion 07-06-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1017009)

I thought that was the price for the Tour?

themuffinman 07-06-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w7excursion (Post 1017057)
I thought that was the price for the Tour?

At the end of the article they said it may be 249.99 for the touch pro 2 as well but it was from one of their sources and not confirmed.

w7excursion 07-06-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1017064)
At the end of the article they said it may be 249.99 for the touch pro 2 as well but it was from one of their sources and not confirmed.

lol duh I should open my eyes a little wider.

TheRealHotshot 07-06-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1017054)
Actually I am probably going to buy one outright myself and its primarily for the larger screen and thats it. So I am guessing 599.99 but my gut is telling me it will be $600+ which I will find very hard to justify purchasing at such a high price but I probably buy one anyway. Damn I can remember the days when I could wait a few months to a year before I get someting else but now its like I have to get the next best thing no matter what.

EDIT: LOL nice avatar by the way, I didn't notice it at first.

Yea I'm fully prepared to pay 600+ for it got the money ready to buy it,32gb card when it comes out,htc leather case,money to cancel tmobile contract if they don't let me out it so I'm good :mrgreen: and I've always tried to get the latest greatest when it drops if its better than what I got now and IMO the tp2 will be better than tp for me(keyword before someone pops up showing me how the y the same I know this ) so I gotta have it.
*SideNote!* thanks lol I play halo3 and cod a lot...my fileshare is full of my Krayz kills on halo3 I have a ton :mrgreen: kinda rusty but wouldn't take long to get the "spree" back up :twisted: