PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
16 gb microsd on sale

i know most people get their cards cheaper thru ebay and amazon, but for those that may want to purchase one from a retailer best buy has them on sale for $49.99. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218012520281
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: 16 gb microsd on sale

Looks like a good deal...just wish sandisk would drop the 32gb sdhc card and than when I get the tp2 it will be unstoppable lol...but 50bucks for a 16gb card is a nice deal!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 06-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled
Threadstarter

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
Looks like a good deal...just wish sandisk would drop the 32gb sdhc card and than when I get the tp2 it will be unstoppable lol...but 50bucks for a 16gb card is a nice deal!
i think it's a good deal also. and at least if something goes wrong, you have a place to take it back to!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:20 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

50 bucks? screw that
Old 06-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

For 50 bucks on amazon you can get a CLASS 6 16gb card. Of course it's not a Sandisk...but....
Old 06-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
For 50 bucks on amazon you can get a CLASS 6 16gb card. Of course it's not a Sandisk...but....
Actually, newegg also has pretty much the same price. It is going to get cheap for a while, then go back up before they cut the prices to make way for the 32GB varieties. I almost freaked when everyone was saying that 50$ was a good deal... I was still thinking 8GB cards, and knew newegg had them for 20$ shipped. Heck, I still haven't really seen the need for 8GB, but I am sure once I have it I will.
Does anyone ever get increasingly worried as these cards get bigger? I do, because I know that the backups will also keep getting bigger which means longer backing'up and storing the files safely.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 06-02-2009, 02:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Lol, I just use a remote desktop program along with my few different sd cards.
Sd cards are mainly for my school notes and phone backups, music and some rom tweaking goodness.
then I just keep everything on my 500gb harddrive at home and just use my desktop and transfer files between the two as needed.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

I can't wait for a drop in price, but at the same time, i'm kinda skeptical of getting more than an 8GB Micro SDHC. My 8 gig only has about 2 left, but i also have about 8-1gigs, 3-2gigs, one 4gig, and a few 512s. Lol... However, I also notice that with my 8gig card it is slowed down when accessing files. (even tho it's a class 6. go newegg for $13.99 w/ free shipping)

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Account Disabled
Threadstarter

i bought a memory card off ebay and after 3 days, it went completely blank. of course the seller didn't want to have anything to do with it, so i was screwed. that's why i posted this because after i bought it, i went and register it online w/sandisk and now i have a 5 year warranty.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious
Carrier: Sprint

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i bought a memory card off ebay and after 3 days, it went completely blank. of course the seller didn't want to have anything to do with it, so i was screwed. that's why i posted this because after i bought it, i went and register it online w/sandisk and now i have a 5 year warranty.
Its worthy news and thanks for it. Sometimes u have to pay for quality AND A WARRANTY. Plus nothing beats having a physical location to quickly go to for an exchange or compensation immediately. Thanks for the info MR880

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives