PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Motorola Q9 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Motorola Q9c? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10865)

Evil Juggalo 11-02-2007 01:36 AM

Motorola Q9c?

So Im still a noob on this forum.. So Ill make a useful post..

Everyone has been so hyped up over the Motorola Q9h Getting released today with AT&T, we have been blinded by Sprint sneaking up behind with the Motorola Q9c..

Q9c to be released on Nov 23rd according to Leaked Reports.. Ive been researching the Q9c but it seems to be kept under the Radar very well.. There is a lot of crossed info on it..

I cant seem to get a good answer on wether the camera will be enabled or not.. It has a 1.3mp Camera, but the Phone is business class and some times they will disable things like this.. Also, with it being Business oriented, its geared more towards business apps and email.. But people give the impression that other functions like music and videos have been stripped away.. Here is what I can gather on the Q9c..

**************************** * Microsoft Windows Mobile “Today” Screen Gives You Current Email and Calendar Info and Q Functions
* One Of The Thinnest, Lightest QWERTY Keyboard Phones Ever Produced
* Bluetooth Wireless Technology Supports Streaming Stereo Music
* View Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF Files
* Full Featured Email Software Lets You Configure Corporate And Personal Email Accounts
* Broadband Data Download Speeds Supports Streaming Video and Music
* Windows Media Player Mobile Gives You A Great On-the-go Entertainment Experience
* Expandable Memory Lets You Hold More Music, Photos, Videos and Add-on Applications

Motorola Q9c – What's In The Box With The Cell Phone

* Additional Items Included - Battery, User Guide, USB Charger Cable, Wall Charger, ActiveSync Software

Motorola Q9c – Cell Phone Advanced Features

* Streaming Multimedia Support - Yes, Windows Media Player Mobile Gives A Great Streaming Video and Music Multimedia Experience
* MP3 Player - Yes With Stereo Speakers, Windows Media Player Supports MP3, WMA and Other Popular File Formats, USB
* Attachment Viewing (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - Yes, View MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF Documents (No Edit Function)
* Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Yes, Class 2 Headset, Handsfree, DUN, OPP, FTP, BPP, BIP Profiles Supported
* QWERTY Keyboard - Yes, Backlit With Integrated Thumbwheel
* Voice-driven Menus - Yes, Advanced Voice Dialing Requires No Phone Pre-training
* Data Capable / Use This Phone As A Modem - Yes, Use Bluetooth, Infrared or Included Data Cable to Use This Phone As A Modem
* PC Synchronization - Yes, Use Bluetooth, Infrared or Included Data Cable to Synch With Included ActiveSync PC Software.
* Bluetooth Stereo Headset (A2DP) - Yes, Stream Stereo Music To and From Compatible (A2DP) Bluetooth Devices

Motorola Q9c – Cell Phone Messaging Features

* HTML Web Browsing - Yes, Opera Browser 8.6 Supports HTML, SSL, JavaScript, Cookies, Bookmarks, Frames and VPNs
* Multimedia Messaging - Yes, Send and Receive Pictures and Videos With An Axcess Messaging Bundle Add-on Plan Feature
* Text Messaging (SMS) - Yes, Send and Receive Text Messages With An Axcess Messaging Bundle Add-on Plan Feature
* Instant Messenger Built-in - Yes, MSN Messenger Instant Messaging With An Axcess Messaging Bundle Add-on Plan Feature
* Email Client - Yes, Pocket Outlook With Attachment Viewing, ActiveSync Over-the-air or USB, POP3/SMTP Support

Motorola Q9c – Cell Phone Personalization and Fun Features

* Polyphonic Ringtones - Yes, 64 Chords, Downloadable
* Custom Ringtones - Yes
* Pre-loaded Ringtones - Yes
* MP3 Ringtones - Yes
* Ringer Profiles - Yes, Plus AAC Real Music Tones Supported
* Picture Caller ID - Yes
* Multiple Languages - Yes
* Games - Yes, Downloadable
* Customizable Graphics - Yes, Take Pictures And Save Them As Wallpapers, Or Download Them

Motorola Q9c – Cell Phone Core Features

* Voice-activated Dialing - Yes, Speaker-independent, No Pre-training Required
* Color Main Display - 320 x 240 Pixels, Over 65,000 Colors Displayed, Not A Touchscreen Display. Landscape Format
* Speakerphone - Yes, With Full Stereo Sound
* TTY Compatible - Yes
* To-Do List - Yes
* Voice Memo - Yes
* Color - Silver
* Style - PDA
* Alarm - Yes
* Calculator - Yes
* Calendar - MS Pocket Outlook Provides Rich Calendaring, Syncs With PC Directly, Over The Air With ActiveSync
* Mini-USB Port - Yes, Includes Charging & Data Cable
* Vibrate - Yes
* Phonebook Capacity - Uses Shared Memory
* Multiple Numbers Per Name - Yes, Dozens of Fields Accepted, Plus Customize Your Own Fields to Store Additional Data

Motorola Q9c – Cell Phone Battery Life

* Battery Type - Li Ion
* Talk Time - Up to 390 Minutes
* Standby Time - Up to 480 Hours

Motorola Q9c – Cell Phone Technical Specifications

* Application Platform - Java
* Platform / Operating System - Windows Mobile 6
* Data Download Speed - EV-DO (Up to 1.4 Mbps Burst Download Speed) Where Available, 1xRTT (Up to 130 Kbps) Nationally
* Network Compatibility - CDMA 900, 1800
* Ringtone Types Supported - iMelody, MIDI, MP3, AAC, WAV, WMA, WAX, QCELP
* Built-In Memory - 256MB
* Expandable Memory Capacity - Yes, miniSD Card Formats Supported, Up to 2GB Card Size
* Dimensions - 4.7 in x 2.6 in x 0.5 in
* Weight - 4.7 oz
* Compatible Carrier - Alltel
* WiFi 802.11 Compatible - With WiFi SDIO Card (Sold Separately)

Motorola Q9c – Cell Phone Compatibility Features

* Device Supports Voice Plans - Yes
* Device Supports Data Plans - Yes
* Available For Purchase Without Service Plan - Yes
* Device Supports Alltel Smart Choice Plans - Yes
* Device Supports Alltel Data Features - Yes

Fromt he looks of it, this phoens got pretty much everything.. Could stand to have a better camera because 1.3 is sub par now a days.. Touchscreen woulda also been nice.. My Rokr E6 has been a great phone for me.. But I want to move up to a good Smart phone thats not hideous or enormous.. The HTC Touch was close to what I wanted, but I prefer moto to all..

Input anyone?
[/z]

noXn 11-25-2007 10:19 AM

Work originally gave me a mogul with the free employee plan and I was happy with the mogul for about a week before I started noticing it's defects. So, I quickly exchanged it for a touch, which I was also happy with for about a week (too small, lack of keyboard is a bigger deal than I thought, etc.)

I just got my Q9C yesterday and so far I love it! The keyboard is so much better than the normal Q, I like the navigation a bit more with the keys rather than on screen (with my big fingers, too much room for error), etc. Everyone told me how bad this phone is at work and not to get it, but I seem to like it far superior than my previous phones. Again, this is just me.

meechieervin 11-25-2007 11:16 AM

I hopes that's it is better than the first q,I went thur 4 of them the main problem with them it kept freezing up so bad I had to take the battery out maybe twice a day,have anyone try one out yet

budney 11-25-2007 01:17 PM

I have heard that the Q9c is not much of an upgrade from the original Q, which I still have. I was surprised how much I like my Q. But I did became annoyed with the few bugs I ran in to (nothing like meechieervin mentioned) and homescreen making. I love fiddling with the look of my devices and changing the xml took way too long. If the 800w dosn't pan out and the next big Mogul update flops I may just pic a Q9c up.

99accordv6 11-27-2007 01:03 AM

also the battery that is included is an extended battery that itsnt that thick =]

budney 11-27-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99accordv6 (Post 130201)
also the battery that is included is an extended battery that itsnt that thick =]

I have the Seidio extended battery for my original Q. And I prefer it so much more then the standard. It made it easier to hold, and not to mention the much improved battery life. :)

Malatesta 11-27-2007 06:39 PM

Hey I just tried out the Q9c...:headbang: I liked it a lot.

Here's my impression (posted at wmexperts too)
--------------------------------------------------------
Just got back from a Sprint store and played with the Q9c and here are some quick thoughts:
  • Keyboard is as great as everyone says
  • Buttons and feel of the device is much improved
  • Camera program is full screen and takes nice shots
  • GPS (on board) and Google Maps is awesome
  • Screen is fantastic
  • Documents to Go is included (no Opera though)
  • Has Sprint IM and Sprint TV
  • No MMS (though "Insert Pic, Video, Audio" is there but greyed out)
  • Customize Start Menu (Icons, grid, circle launcher): very cool
  • Display sensor works very well (measures when device comes out of sleep)
  • Much snappier OS
  • Extended battery cover is still very slim
Overall I have to say I was quite impressed. It's a nice update to the current Q and makes one solid smartphone.

Hopefully I'll put it through a full review in the future.

noXn 11-28-2007 02:05 PM

EVERYONE is complaining about the extended battery and it protruding from the back! I, like you, think it's great and definitely makes the phone easier to hold...the phone would be way too slim if not for the battery.

I haven't had my phone freeze once yet or anything...and the os is DEFINITELY snappier than anything I've ever had...I'm very happy with this phone! I'm just waiting to see what kind of tweaks and optimizations you guys put on it. Throw some suggestions out there!!!

hoonu 11-29-2007 12:55 PM

I just got one as well for $150 at Best Buy with a new contract. No mail in rebates. $150 plus tax out the door. I deffinitly like... now I have to get some apps. :)

remlle 11-29-2007 10:22 PM

does anyone know if threded SMS will work or if someone has hakced it to work?