PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Motorola Q (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Vision Hack for Sprint? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2840)

zeusmontes 02-25-2007 12:00 PM

Vision Hack for Sprint?

I was just wondering if anyone has found a vision hack for the Sprint Q? I don't use EVDO and it suck that I can't receive any calls while transmitting data through Power vision. It doesn't seem to be a hot topic anywhere and I know it's an issue for everyone.

Big D5 02-25-2007 12:31 PM

Check the sticky in this section. Seams this doesn't answer your question so if you could post more details we will see if we can help.

zeusmontes 02-25-2007 01:36 PM

I did the EVDO hack for my phone. However, when I am using Power Vision access, just surfing the net, it won't ring through. Also, If I'm streaming XM, it won't ring through either.

Hack I am currently using.

##33284#
go to field test menu-DDTM.
Set it to 'off'.

This doesn't work for Sprint Power Vision. Just EVDO. Any help would be great!

bubbatex 02-25-2007 02:44 PM

Interesting - I stream Sirius and calls ring through for me.

g-funkster 02-25-2007 03:16 PM

Power Vision = EvDO. Regular Vision = 1x.

The hack allows calls to pass only on EvDO. There is no hack to allow 1x to do this.

zeusmontes 02-25-2007 03:20 PM

That sucks. I have regular vision.

budney 02-25-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g-funkster

The hack allows calls to pass only on EvDO. There is no hack to allow 1x to do this.

Thanks, I wanted to mention that, but the thread was locked at the time. :)

Malatesta 02-25-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g-funkster

Well, that's not totally accurate...

You can have just "Vision" on your account and you'll access Evdo just the same with not added costs.

The "vision" /"power vision" distinction is mostly one of marketing than of actual speed or system.

So to the OP if you have Vision on your account it doesn't matter. If you see that EV icon on your screen...you are getting EvDO. End of story. There are no extra charges, no loss in speed.

I'm not sure what the actual cause of your issue with not being able to turn complete the ring-through hack but it is NOT related to the Vision/PowerVision.

Actually, that raises the questions to the OP (zeusmontes):

- Do you have an EV icon on your Moto Q screen?

- If not, why are you not using EvDO? No coverage?

If you are just using 1x (icon on you screen will indicate this) then no, you cannot do a ring-through hack as everyone has correctly stated.

zeusmontes 02-25-2007 05:11 PM

I show 1X on my screen. EVDO/Pwoer Vision speeds are not available in my area yet.

Malatesta 02-25-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeusmontes
I show 1X on my screen. EVDO/Pwoer Vision speeds are not available in my area yet.

Okay that is more clear then...

This hack does not work for 1x data, only Evdo since there are 2 radio channels available (1x for voice, Evdo for data).