PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google play +USCell+ Motorola electrify = Disaster

This seems like a good place to post a new market/play story. There are a few helpful hints here, but mainly this is just to let you long time Android greeks have a good laugh at a noob.

First, when my beloved TP2 died 3 weeks ago I knew there would be a learning curve, but I didn't think that curve would happen in one day and involve beating my head against the wall.

So it started when market updated to play on my USCell Motorola electrify. The first app I downloaded caused play to crash and never recover, thus began 9 hours of hades.

I used titanium to restore the old market to no avail, it would try to open then crash.

Next I hard reset and provision the phone (twice), and to my amazement market was completely gone! I tried to use an apk file, again it just crashed.

Then I decided to just restore it with titanium and punt the problem to the weekend. This required me to find and download apk files for busybox, superuser, titanium, and eventually root browser.

Up until now this really isn't a noob issue, but this is. I pulled the sd card when I hard reset, but I didn't know about this little thing called unmount. My card was dead, no backup. So now I just had a phone and that would never do. So I made a big mistake, I desided to use tech support. The results are as follows:
1. Market via email. Nice people, knew that Motorola has settings issues with play, and USCC has issues, but no solution.
2. Motorola, great on all things Motorola, useless on third party apps, no help.
3. USCell, just plain useless.

By now I have wasted about 6 hour and did what I should have done to start and searched the forums and here is what I found and how I solved my market woes.

A hard reset will not totally restore my phone because USCC has modified it so that a reset only wipes user data, not active data. The only way to do a true hard reset is to launch the security screen and use the spc password, which I did not have.

Finally,I found a forum that had the stock ROM and instructions on how to place my phone in RSD mode and use Motorola RSD program to install the rom. Problem solved. Market updated just fine, rerooted, rebuilt, took about a dozen Advil and went to bed. All in a short 9 hours.

Sent from my NB7 with Tapatalk via Electrify
Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm an android Irish thank you very much!

Welcome to the dark side!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G