PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Am I the 1st person to destory their Droid? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97001)

BryanGT 11-16-2009 11:31 PM

Am I the 1st person to destory their Droid?

Saturday morning I managed to produce one of the most amazing rag doll physics demos ever with my phone. I was texting in portrait view and tripped causing it to flip end over end at a ridiculous pace. Only to result in 4 solids bounces on the corners, and a face plant on the only rock in the road. None of the bounces phased my phone, but the face plant spider cracked my screen. So gogo action insurance lol. 80$ later and 2 days with the 1st busted phone in Florida and I'm back in action.

Weird thing is even though I demolished the glass on the screen the touch screen reacted as if it wasn't broken so the phone was still 100% functional. Just hurt a tad to scroll in the browser if i pressed down too hard.

So in the random demolition of my phone I found out the casing is as strong as steel when it comes to direct impacts. but the glass screen is only good against scratches and such.Direct force it's just like any other ceramic material bad.

charlesbeebe 11-17-2009 01:26 AM

Re: Am I the 1st person to destory their Droid?

Thanks for the story, I feel bad that I kind of enjoyed your narrative explanation. But, thanks for the heads up. Ill make sure to be careful of the screen ;-)

breakmyfootoff 11-17-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanGT (Post 1335725)
Saturday morning I managed to produce one of the most amazing rag doll physics demos ever with my phone.

:headbang:Good word choices lol. Sorry to hear about your 80.00 though.

gardobus 11-17-2009 02:04 AM

Damn already? lol I've dropped mine twice so far (both on smooth painted cement from around 3-4ft) and neither of them phased it. The case still looks brand new and the screen is spotless. Luckily it didn't fall on a rock like yours! *knock on wood*

BryanGT 11-17-2009 02:21 AM

I'm hoping its so new I'll get a new one in a box since there shoulden't be any referbs yet. So I have the chance to get a extra battery and memory card @ that rate.

jbag 11-17-2009 02:48 AM

my friend threw mine...it still works! :)

ironi 11-17-2009 03:26 PM

gah! a friend should know not to mess with a friend's hardware. that's an offence worthy of the eyebrows-shaved-while-sleeping revenge tactic.

bxtzd3 11-17-2009 10:12 PM

i hope you were able to throw your friend further than your phone:twisted:. i had a buddy who was bragging about a phone that went in water and was pretty indestructible. i asked to see it and away she went. phone was fine after the landing, but he was asking for it. tell me i cant brake it and i will try.

slbailey1 11-18-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1336120)
:headbang:Good word choices lol. Sorry to hear about your 80.00 though.

That is better than Sprint's $100 deductable.

BryanGT 11-18-2009 07:52 PM

Good news I got a full retail replacement, so I got a 16gig Micro SD card and a battery for 79.99.