PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   honest answers please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96820)

jacko1 11-16-2009 02:12 AM

honest answers please

I have an imagio I could get a driod tomorrow if I choose to 30 trial my question is if the texting is still an issue and the email regarding non google account on the driod I guess I just wanta phone that's not complicated and that's fast on the internet and also see full sites not just mobile any insight
would be great I have till tomorrow for mg choice

jbag 11-16-2009 03:20 AM

Re: honest answers please

droid is very fast and probably the fastest load times for websites on the 3g network i have noticed.... as for mobile sites vice regular...ive used this phone on both and its awesome, if the website offers a link to a full site then you will be fine, but b/c of your IP it automatically defaults to mobile (i think thats how it works).

hammer1320 11-16-2009 03:35 AM

I just switched today from a Diamond and I gotta say I love it so far, even though i havnt had it long enough to be for sure.

I have huge fingers and I feel the touch response is much better on the droid, and the keyboard is a plus although i keep forgeting i have it.

I have a hotmail.com email and it works fine, but it does get annoying if you dont actually read the message it keeps telling you that you have a new message.

I have been texting all day and i havnt had one problem with the texting, i actually didnt know there was an issue.

I like having the 3 desktops to post apps to. I just made one of the pages have the clock and weather widget from Beautiful (i recommend grabbing this widget if you get it, HTC style clock and weather and it updates the weather by your location by GPS) and have the phone, messaging, and google maps, and the other page has all of my other apps like bluetooth and wifi switch. It keeps the pages clean but accessible.

Web surfing was also faster(could be cause i was on alltel, now have 3g) but pages loaded fast and clear and I found it easier to tap on a clickable icon(like logging into ebay) from a zoomed out view, I used to have to zoom all the way in or i couldnt click where I wanted to on the page.

Hopefully I might have helped a bit, good luck!!

mshefke 11-16-2009 09:38 AM

I've had mine since thurs and have had no problems with txting at all. Also, I have my Yahoo imap account pushed as well and it also has not had any problems. Not sure what the issue was to be honest, but if there is one, I haven't noticed. Honestly, it's a really good phone. I will not be looking back to WinMo until 7 comes out and even then, it will be hard to make me stray.

Isror 11-16-2009 11:34 AM

I've had my droid since launch, and I still love it. The Moto Droid has to be the best phone on Verizon currently. I had the Touch Pro 2 and the difference is night and day when it comes to performance, using both the stock rom and Mighty Rom on the TP2, I still love the Moto Droid more.

_xv6800 11-16-2009 12:41 PM

I had a friend with the imagio and I convinced him to switch to the droid - he is extremely happy he did even though he did get hit w/a $35 restocking fee - he said it was worth it for the following reasons;

1. speed of web surfing was like night and day - dialup on the imagio vs. broadband on the droid

2. battery life on his imagio was 4-6 hours of medium use - he's getting a full day of medium use of the droid

overall he just said he is much happier he made the switch while he still could.

I am not sure the email issue you are referring to is - I am using my droid with multiple email accts w/o issue - has a nice consolidated email box

jacko1 11-16-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshefke (Post 1333290)
I've had mine since thurs and have had no problems with txting at all. Also, I have my Yahoo imap account pushed as well and it also has not had any problems. Not sure what the issue was to be honest, but if there is one, I haven't noticed. Honestly, it's a really good phone. I will not be looking back to WinMo until 7 comes out and even then, it will be hard to make me stray.

what do you mean by push account is it something they could set up there at verizon

mshefke 11-16-2009 01:46 PM

By push account I meant configuring the email app with my Yahoo email using their imap servers. Sorry for the confusion. See this post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95197

metal1 11-16-2009 05:25 PM

Ive had many wm phones and bb too my last was th omnia i910 and kept getting pis ed with trying to type on a screen with my rough bug fingers so i wanted a reg keyboard looked at touchpro2 but waited for the droid and it was the best decision ive made, the screen is so quick and perfect sensitive that i find using onscreen is great to type email and texts on, plus as backup have the hard kb. internet is the fastest on any pda phone ive had, apps already out are cool, media on the droid is great, clear and overall even with minor bugs that they will get straight it is still the best device hands down in my opinion....I hardly put it down in the past week, just keep playing around more and more with it :)

kbnguy 11-16-2009 06:21 PM

Well...my gf and I have both. As time goes on I find myself picking up the Imagio more and more.

Hardware:
Droid has better CPU and a physical kb (you already knew that). Screen resolution is CRAZY!

Software:
Check moto and/or Verizon forum for some bugs started to surface up. Mine, speaker cut out for no reason and the phone ring/notification goes to almost silent. I have to reboot every 6 hrs or so otherwise I cant hear it.

Email:
Droid - You can view attachment (pdf, pic...) but can't be save unless you have doc2go (so i was told). you can't forward attachment either (in my case non-gmail). Imagio - Everything works for me.

Media:
Droid - music player, haha...what a joke! Probably no biggie to some. Photo viewer, no multitouch. Browser, no multitouch (damn, sh!t piss me off)
Imagio - HTC flavor of player and zoom bar.

Phone dialer:
Droid - basic raw Android, no smart dialing, no call history grouping (remember WM5, yup same sh!t)
Imagio - HTC flavor, hell yeah sure beat winmo dialer!

Tethering:
Droid - None for now. Expect to pay $15 extra next year to VZW when they support it.
Imagio - yes, hit this up http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90702

IMHO, the Imagio just works for me at this point as some reviewers called winmo is just like a pickup truck nothing sleek or fancy about it but it just works. After you disable some carrier craps and tweak it a lil bit, it's a beautiful thing.
We're still gonna keep the Droid around. Hopefully some good apps come along to change that raw looks.