PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Cases for the Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121309)

ukyfan 05-15-2010 09:35 PM

Cases for the Droid

The title says it all. What case does everyone like? I heard the holster that Verizon sells isn't that great. I am always worried i will hurt it in my pocket. What do you guys use?

91ludesit 05-15-2010 09:44 PM

Re: Cases for the Droid

I used a cheap ebay one, the only problem is you have to take the back off to put it in the car dock and the media dock. I put the invisibleSHIELD on today and I am very happy with the result.

tvandyck7 05-16-2010 12:04 AM

I have a custom Zagg Skin. It works very well. Not ultimate protection, but good for what it is and it makes the phone look cool.

Dmordarski 05-20-2010 07:15 AM

I use the sedio innocase and their holster

harmakhet 05-20-2010 10:13 AM

Just ordered the Seidio Rugged as it was one sale as of this morning. Love Seidio cases and holsters...but they are a bit more expensive.

My wife has the standard surface setup on her droid.

davidetkin511 05-23-2010 02:42 PM

i use no case, aluminum and gorilla glass doesnt break from just a drop, i also am very careful and i have never dropped my phone... i was thinking of buying a neoprene sleeve similar to the one included with the nexus one

NevadaXJ 06-01-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukyfan (Post 1755146)
I heard the holster that Verizon sells isn't that great.

I have been using the case/holster combo for a few months now and love it. It gets constant use, and I have crawled attics and crawl spaces with it on, with no issues.

aarondeep 06-02-2010 02:23 PM

I got the Seidio innocase for my phone. It was working great at first, but after 3 months of use the top portion of my case always falls off. Unfortunately, this is where the phone is most likely to get scratched.

I also ordered the Seidio dock for my phone a few weeks ago. The plug where the charger attaches broke after about 2 weeks of use. It seems to me that Seidio quality is not what it used to be.

ukyfan 06-04-2010 09:05 AM

Well I went to Best Buy and bought This. I ended up going there since I had a gift card, and if I would have went to Verizon I would have had to pay out of pocket. So far it seems to be working just fine.

gardobus 06-04-2010 03:15 PM

I had the Body Glove and returned it. I didn't like how sticky it was "pulled my pockets out" or how it made the keyboard harder to slide out.

I bought an OtterBox Commuter case and I LOVE it! It is a hard case with a silicone lining in the back to cushion and drops. The outside is smooth so it slides in/out of my pocket just fine. The rear is held on with slightly different clips than the Body Glove and it slides open/shut just like it was naked. Another good thing is that the silicone lining comes up the sides and chin. It covers the chin at the bottom and has little silicone "doors" that plug the usb and headphone ports. So no dust (or liquid!) can get in them.

I'm really liking it. Search youtube and there are a few video reviews of it. I got it on NewEgg for like $24 instead of the $35 straight from OtterBox. Amazon also has good deals on it sometimes.