PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Locked out via pattern combo AND email (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103276)

Zataru 12-26-2009 01:59 AM

Locked out via pattern combo AND email

I honestly have no idea what just happened.
On the way to my house, i set the Pattern Lock Combo (To a little check-mark, if that helps at all?) so that if someone grabbed my phone, they wouldn't be able to get into it. Alright, cool, whatever. So when i get home, i get a txt message just as i'm pulling into the driveway, i press the button to turn on the screen, and put in my little check-mark combination code, and nothing. It tells me its wrong. So i sit there and try a few different variation's of a check mark and still, nothing. After whatever number failled attempts, it askes me if i forgot it, of course, i click on yes, and it brings me to the screen where i put in my "Username (email)" and my password. So i enter the email i used setting up my phone (Which is also my Gmail account, the only one i use.) and my universal password, that i also use for just about anything that requires a password. I click Sign in, and nothing. It just lets me know that either my "Username" or password is invalid. So my question: Is there any sort of reset i can do to at least get back into Android? I'm at a total loss here, i've tried just about all i know how to do at this point.
The phone is brand spanken new, too. I got it later last night as an early present to myself.

TLDR: Set a Pattern Combo, It doesn't work, Ask's for "Username (email)" and password, again it doesn't work, where do i go from here?
Also, how does a Username compare to an Email? Are they the same thing? Interchangeable?

I know this is going to have a stupid-simple answer, this kind of stuff always happens to me.
Thanks to everyone in advance.

Zataru 12-26-2009 02:31 AM

Re: Locked out via pattern combo AND email

Alright, well it looks like i found a "fix".
Here's what you do if your pattern doesn't work and your email/password don't log you in:

"1: try random patterns until the phone locks
2: reboot the phone
3: call the mobile from another phone
4: answer the call
5: hang up from the other home while hammering the "home" button
6: er, that's it...security passed and your phone data wide open

(this method is taken from the posts on the google forum)

This was taken from www.androidforums.com
But beware, there is still a downside.
If you're like me, and FORGOT your combo, you cannot change it, or take it off, without the original combo you put in.... still looking for a way around this.

tvandyck7 12-26-2009 03:37 AM

I would go ahead and hard reset your phone after getting in. It should remove the lock.

breakmyfootoff 12-26-2009 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvandyck7 (Post 1437794)
I would go ahead and hard reset your phone after getting in. It should remove the lock.

+1, just make sure you back up all your apps and contacts etc before you do.