PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Moto Droid 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=228)
-   -   My droid 2 is on the way (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137376)

juliend 11-22-2010 08:17 AM

My droid 2 is on the way

Pretty excited. I was leaning toward incredible, until I actually looked at some comparisons between the two. The 8mp camera is not that important to me. I have a nice digital cam for pictures. And I miss the physical keyboard from my touch pro since going to the Eris.

The last few years of my phone experience

apache > bb pearl - back to apache > tp1 > eris > droid 2

Any droid 2 newbie advice? Must have apps, tweaks, etc?

juliend 11-26-2010 11:06 AM

Re: My droid 2 is on the way

Loving the phone!

Used it for a day before rooting and loading fission. I don't miss the blur crap at all. I'm not much on social networking, and it didn't seem to serve much purpose other than that.

Padron26 11-28-2010 05:40 AM

what did you notice the most after installing fission, just wondering. im thinking about upgrading a 2nd line with the droid 2

honduranthunder 11-30-2010 12:19 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; PC36100 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

There's an online store that I got the hookup, and they told me to tell my friends... I can get you the Droid 2 for $9.99. I know its hard to believe, but its true! Plus, a 15% discount off your monthly bill. Message me.

juliend 11-30-2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padron26 (Post 2003386)
what did you notice the most after installing fission, just wondering. im thinking about upgrading a 2nd line with the droid 2

Mostly i notice the lack of blur-ness :)

Most the blur features are useless to me, as they focus on a lot of social networking that I simply don't use. If I do want to, there are plenty of apps in the market to do so, I don't need it integrated into the OS.

Currently running fission 2.2.2, and it's smoother and faster than the motoblur version, as well as being more customizable. Root allows you to use wireless tether as well, which was a huge plus for me.

dayusmc 12-19-2010 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliend (Post 2004688)
Mostly i notice the lack of blur-ness :)

Most the blur features are useless to me, as they focus on a lot of social networking that I simply don't use. If I do want to, there are plenty of apps in the market to do so, I don't need it integrated into the OS.

Currently running fission 2.2.2, and it's smoother and faster than the motoblur version, as well as being more customizable. Root allows you to use wireless tether as well, which was a huge plus for me.

I have been on the forum for awhile, this is my first post. OK, here it is. I first got a Motorola Droid- love it. But then I got a HTC incredible, battery died way to quick. Do I now have a Droid 2- not happy with Blur crap. I still have all 3 phone and I think I want to root one of them to get it the way I want it. I really cant find anything on how to root the droid 2 except this post. How did you root it. One big thing I liked about the droid 1 was the ability to sort my contacts by last name first. Does your new rom do that? thanks for the info!
-Semper Fi

honduranthunder 12-21-2010 06:35 PM

hey guys, just throwing this out there... I know how awesome the Droid 2 is...but did you know the Droid 2 global has a faster processor? I found a great deal on a few for $79.99..going for a short time... not refurbished..BRAND NEW. through a company i do business with..they're extending out the discount...if you want it.. let me know, I'll have to PM the code to you.

juliend 12-31-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayusmc (Post 2016441)
I have been on the forum for awhile, this is my first post. OK, here it is. I first got a Motorola Droid- love it. But then I got a HTC incredible, battery died way to quick. Do I now have a Droid 2- not happy with Blur crap. I still have all 3 phone and I think I want to root one of them to get it the way I want it. I really cant find anything on how to root the droid 2 except this post. How did you root it. One big thing I liked about the droid 1 was the ability to sort my contacts by last name first. Does your new rom do that? thanks for the info!
-Semper Fi

Sorry man, haven't been spending much time on PPCG since getting the droid 2. Sign up over at xdadevelopers. There's an active D2 forum, instructions and files for one click rooting, and several blurless roms floating around.