PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto A3100 and LG VS750
Carrier: Movistar

feliciano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

@pizzaboy192:
As a workaround (while waiting for your news), I'm looking for a free WM WiFi router that doesn't screw my WiFi client, and taking note of some V5 flaws. In the meantime, I wonder what made you change your mind of cooking based upon V5 to V7? Do you think I would be better testing with V7?
My main needs: waze and tethering.
Thanks
Old 03-09-2012, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

Actually, My base is a mix of V5 and V7. The Verizon WIFi sharing app is just something that can be added in. The core along with most of the drivers are from V5 still.
Waze works extremely well. I use it myself when travelling. One thing that i've noticed though is that the Fathom's GPS lock usually is terrible at best. I've got a fix for that now. I'll be posting a new thread about it, but I'll load the .cab file up here too.

[Tweak] ULTIMATE!! aGPS cab (GOOGLE or NOKIA server!) Generic UPDATE 06/08/10! - xda-developers
It's the "Ultimate Generic Google" .cab on the thread. It works amazingly well. Went from 2 - 3 minute locks to just under 10 seconds on a cold boot.

As for tethering, I'll do some looking into it. I haven't found much yet, but I'll see what I can find.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:16 PM
N00b

feliciano is a n00b
Question Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

Hello:

I've working on the ICS and have it sort of working with an old and free wmwifirouter (some registry fixes needed now and then). Anyway, does the Verizon ICS present in V7 is locked to their service, or can be used with another APN?

For the GPS part I've tried to use the A-GPS features (QuickGPS and/or ultimate aGPS google servers and/or registry settings) w/o success. What has made it beareable for me is the GPSModDriver (trial and error), but the lock is still very poor. My old Motorola, with the same GPS driver, works flawlessly with the aGPS (GPSxtra) and the lock is way more stable.
So, since you tried V5 and V7. Did you notice if the GPS works better with one or the other? I tried to upgrade to V7 from V5, but LG Mobile Software updater doesn't allows me to do that (maybe because I manually upgraded from V4 to V5?). If you don't know, do you know where to download the vs750zv7 cab to try it myself?

Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

I personally use my own ROM that I've built (It's normally a custom one, but I'm currently on the latest build available from my site) and it locks fine. I can't really say how well it will work on other networks, or how GPS with GSM works, but I do know that it works amazingly well with Verizon.

And about ICS. Something I noticed is that if you load up "Advanced Config" on the device (it's a program), go to "Data Connections" and at the bottom of that list it should say "Private Interface for internet sharing" Which is currently blank. Change it to BTPAN and it should work.
You may need to enable the CDMA half of the phone in order to see that setting though. It should work when you're done.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom verizon
Carrier: Airtel

hero121 is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feliciano View Post
Hello:

do you know where to download the vs750zv7 cab to try it myself?

Thanks
You can find this on this site after some searching at ( needing-official-lg-v7-rom-cab-file)

thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:32 PM
N00b

feliciano is a n00b

@pizzaboy192
I can't find the "Advanced Config" menu entry in Connections or Settings on neither the 3 modes of standard V5 (not even removing my SIM card). I don't recall it on factory V4, so perhaps your base ROM/kitchen had it.

@hero121
Gee, Thanks. It seems that simplier wording was in order

In case you are interested on play with your Fathoms: I tried xda Android 2.2 last night, as an alpha, some bugs here and there, some features missing, but looks promising.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Advanced Config needs to be installed from somewhere before you can use it, but it's worth installing. Allows you to change every setting that is available (Plenty that aren't listed in Settings)
I got my copy from FreewarePocketPC, but it's all over the web.

As for Android, I'm waiting for Open WebOS to be finalized and then I'll mash up some of the Android work that's been done to get WebOS running on my Fathom. Might actually get me to switch off Windows Mobile.
I'm also working on baking a thin WM ROM that loads HARET off the SD card and then launches you into Android... If you're really desperate to remove Windows Mobile.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Lg fathom
Carrier: Digitel

ednello is a n00b

Hey, any advance in this thread ?? there are another ROM really stable ??? which is the best Rom in performance ?? !! thanks
Old 11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I plan to release a new update in the next month or so. Not sure if you've visited my site (http://pizzaboy192.com/downloads/FathomROM/), but it has the latest build on it. I have forgotten to update the thread accordingly.

Any requests for what I should add?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom VS750V7

trysomeothertime is becoming a great contributor

pizzaboy192,

Could you please post a link to these files listed in the instructions for flashing?

"- BIN file : "c:\VS750\BIN\VS750XXX5.BIN"
- Check SCR File, then select "C:\VS750\SCR\VS750VZ7_04.scr"
- Check PRL, Nam1 (uncheck nam2), select "C:\VS750\PRL\58006 - EVDO OEM Factory Default.prl"

I am going to finally be flashing your ROM soon - thank you for the continued support!

p.s. It appears that some of those Fathom links do not work on your new website.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom