PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto A3100 and LG VS750
Carrier: Movistar

feliciano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

Hi!

I registered into this forum to thank you all for sharing what you have been doing with this phone. I've been following your work trough this year.

I received my Fathom this week (I didn't find a better relationship of price and features elsewhere).

My phone came with V4. I used it a couple of days, but the GPS showed me jumping from one place to other, and since I wanted to change the ROM to remove alll the Verizon bloatware (I'm not at USA), but I have never cooked a ROM, opted for installing the kitchen and LGNPST and limit to do a nvs backup and flash V5 (given the bad experiences reported with V7) and install several nice programs afterwards.

So right now it's with Verizon V5. My wish list is: Remove all the Verizon stuff and other dead software. Add some sort of ICS for tethering via BlueTooth (I found one, but only works via USB, tough I have one in my Motosurf WM6.1 phone that allows me to do ISC via BT). Set Windows to spanish (0x40a?) if possible. And other stuff. So I ask you for guidance on that, please.

Again, thank you all

Last edited by feliciano; 03-03-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:24 PM
N00b

feliciano is a n00b
Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

As I menctioned earlier, wether I decide to cook or not, I have another windows phone with an ICS tool that works for me. Is it possible to copy the needed files from the Windows folder of my Motosurf to the Windows folder of my Fathom to do the trick? I tried, but it seems the files are locked. Ideas, anyone?

Thanks
Old 03-03-2012, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

Can you get the name of the program that you have on your MotoSurf? I can probably cook it into the ROM.
Also, the ROM should support Spanish natively, it's just a matter of enabling it.
I'll look into building a good ROM for you to use, but I seem to be having problems when it comes to removing Verizon crapware.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:33 PM
N00b

feliciano is a n00b
Smile Re: LG Fathom V6 ROM release thread.

Thanks, pizzaboy192,

The program I'm using at my other phone for reverse tethering via BT is the regular ICS from MicroSoft, I think. Is called "Conexión compartida" (ie Internet CS), points to \Windows\IntShrUI.exe and it came factory installed from the Movilnet WM6.1 ROM. On that folder I see that file, plus a shortcut to it, and intshare.dll. I don't know if any of those particular files are doing the trick, but I don't know how to extract it (copy elsewhere) from the running ROM to try.

In my fathom I select spanish at regional settings, but only works for currency, numbers, date formats, and not for the menus or program names. Not a deal killer, but will be nice to show the phone GUI in spanish to my spanish speaking friends.

I have your B7a ROM plus some of da_reeseboy's. Have you tried those? And what about the one from hero121?, he says he could remove more of the Verizon stuff and concealed some others.

Also, I have the needed PRL and SCR from a V5, just in case I get my hands dirty in the kitchen

Thanks

Last edited by feliciano; 03-03-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

I haven't tried anyone else's ROM's, but my kitchen is based on da_reeseboy's.
The problem with your current setup is that from what I've read, Microsoft's own Internet Connection sharing doesn't work with Windows Mobile 6.5 and above. Seeing as the Fathom is running a 6.5.x build (Depending on what the kitchen it, it'll either be 6.5.3 or 6.5.5) we probably can't get it working.
I'll see what I can do though, I know there's an installer for it, and I'll test it on my Fathom to see what happens, if it does work, I'll gladly add it to my kitchen.
I'm also looking into adding Microsoft Voice Commands with it.

I'll look into localization settings to see what I can do with adding languages. I'll try a localization pack first and go from there.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 PM
N00b

feliciano is a n00b

Hi

I'm using 6.5.3 (23121).

After messing around with four ICS cabs, and contaminated my registry, opted for system memory clear. After several tries, I found that Shamanix ICS shows me the option of do the tethering through USB or BT PAN; via USB connects, but via BT "cannot connect for an unknown reason".

Looking at the setup.xml concealed into the cabs, I see Shamanix's ICS doesn't touch registry keys related with BTPAN1, whereas Chainfire's does. But if I install Chainfire's doesn't shows me BT option, the connection settings page turns unaccesible, and then I can't uninstall it, and the system slows down. So perhaps would be good to review the registry settings of Chainfire's ICS and look what would be needed for Shamanix's to successfully handle the connection when BT is selected. To save you time, I upload the two menctioned scripts.

Edit: Does this phone supports PAN profile? On several review sites claim it does, but I don't see it al the specs sheet: lg.com/us/mobile-phones/pdf/VS750_Fathom_Datasheet.pdf. So, where do I look if it really have it? If not, WiFi would be my only option, but I don't want to pay, neither I want to use pirated software.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Settings1.zip (479 Bytes, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip Settings2.zip (1.7 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by feliciano; 03-05-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:54 PM
N00b

feliciano is a n00b

As I was afraid of, according to the LG.com data sheet and TrueG (forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14514911&postcount=68 and 76), the PAN profile is missing from this phone, therefore that's why most of the ICS I tried doesn't recognize the BT as a valid option. So, the question is, if TrueG used the BT driver of the Fathom for the Monaco (eXpo?), could it be done viceversa?

Last edited by feliciano; 03-06-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'd sure hope so. I'll try it out some time soon and see what happens. I've been also looking into finding what other WM phones use the CDMA\GSM radio so that I can pull the drivers from it, and try to remove the problems with the default CDMA\ "Switch to Global Mode" popup thing.
If you've got a link to other devices that use the BT chipset\drivers, I'd love to see what I can bake with them.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 AM
N00b

feliciano is a n00b

Maybe TrueG can help us, as he sould have the BT drivers for the Monaco ( forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14514911&postcount=68 ), he didn't know about the kitchen for the Fathom back then ( post 65 ), but later he was involved when spocky12 announced the kitchen at xda-developers forum ( forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1302187 ). So if he still has his Fathom (or at least his eXpo) maybe he will instered in give us a hand and/or try himself.

The thing is, I cannot post overthere, since I'm a noob for them. Could you? Thanks

I work in the wireless industry, and this is the first phone I have seen with the dual functionallity. And about the swith to global mode: is annoying, and in V5 sometimes leaves me unconnected (in my Country, Verizon has arrangements with another CDMA carrier).

At another line of research, I found this site with LG eXpo info, and a tip for tethering via BT and some registry tweeks needed: lg-expo.com/lg-expo-how-to/how-to-use-internet-sharing-and-activesync-via-bluetooth

Last edited by feliciano; 03-06-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'll see what I can pull off with some driver swapping and tweaking. Hopefully I'll have a nice working phone with nearly all the bloat stripped out by the end of the month.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom