PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   LG Fathom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   LG Volume.exe (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146919)

pizzaboy192 09-08-2011 04:50 PM

LG Volume.exe

Here's my issue. Finally went back to V5.
But, I want the volume thing from V7.
Can someone on V7 zip up Lg Volume.exe and the shortcut from the startup folder for me?
Thanks.
I'm trying to get it back on, get a few of the good things from V7 on V5.

bbf 09-09-2011 07:58 PM

Re: LG Volume.exe

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the files from my Phone... it's got the latest ROM... I suppose it's V7.

*Updated 12SEP2011*
Modified zip file to contain all the PNG files in the windows directory that start with volume_*.png.

*Updated 12SEP2011 Rev 2*
Except for the volume_time* and volume_settime* png files. Plus I've noticed that the Background_dim_bg*.png files are referenced in the exe, so I added them.

*Updated 12SEP2011 Rev 3*
Did some more checking in the executable and found that it referenced volume_time_kpd_bg*.png, so added that back in. Also a lot of general_*.png files are referenced. I did not add those in, since they look like they should be quite common, but I added ALL the General_*.png files to another zip file (not just the ones referenced by lgvolume.exe) just in case you need them as well as popup_separator.png and seperator.png that I found referenced in the file.

lgvolume_png3.zip should be most current file as is lgvolume_extra_pngs.zip.

Hopefully unzipping this in the fathom's windows directory will result in a complete working copy of the LGvolume control.

trysomeothertime 09-09-2011 08:30 PM

At start, I have 81 Mb of RAM, but then it goes down from there... I often use SKTools FreeRAM utility to get 65-70 Mb of free RAM. It "kills" LG Volume, such that the keys no longer work. What makes it better than the standard WM volume anyway?

pizzaboy192 09-09-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbf (Post 2143905)
Here are the files from my Phone... it's got the latest ROM... I suppose it's V7.

it 'works' but I seem to be missing the resources.
I was hoping to have a more finger friendly volume slider, but beggars cannot be choosers...

bbf 09-12-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 (Post 2143946)
it 'works' but I seem to be missing the resources.
I was hoping to have a more finger friendly volume slider, but beggars cannot be choosers...

I've changed my original post to include all the volume*.png files that are in the windows directory. I peeked in the lgvolume.exe executable and there are a lot of references to volume_*.png files in the /windows directory. I didn't check all the references, but it looked like it only wanted volume_*.png files.

If the updated zip file doesn't contain all the files you need, I'll look more carefully.

pizzaboy192 09-12-2011 10:54 PM

many thanks for the effort! I'll try these out when i get a chance to .cab them up and install it. Seems like it should be right.

pizzaboy192 09-13-2011 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the result. Works fine on V5. Seems to run at start, and has all the working resources. I"ll throw it on my site too. Probably would work on all WVGA WM devices.