PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   LG eXpo (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Lg Expo Impressions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105790)

GraemeCR 01-18-2010 03:27 AM

Re: Lg Expo Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by jug6ernaut (Post 1481216)
Sensors: accelerometer(gyro), light, proximity, gps, digital compass and fingerprint scanner

no, as of right now there are no Roms at all, afaik a rom or hspl can not be made until we have a rom from one of the oems or manufacture.

Re: "digital compass" ....

The "Compass" is described in LG's Manual in the "Extras" folder in "ATT Navigator".

However, my "Extras" menu does not have either of the "Compass" or the "Record Location" icons. Also, my screen is "AT&T Maps" as opposed to "AT&T Navigator". (Unfortunately I don't have enough posts here to upload a screenshot from the manual.)

Am I correct in thinking that this function is only available with the "ATT Navigator" Upgrade?
It would be nice if there was another way to release this function. (I could not find a reference to "Compass" in the Registry.)

Carla 01-18-2010 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jug6ernaut (Post 1494639)
hehe sorry, done :)

No worries :)

jug6ernaut 01-18-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GraemeCR (Post 1498092)
Re: "digital compass" ....

The "Compass" is described in LG's Manual in the "Extras" folder in "ATT Navigator".

However, my "Extras" menu does not have either of the "Compass" or the "Record Location" icons. Also, my screen is "AT&T Maps" as opposed to "AT&T Navigator". (Unfortunately I don't have enough posts here to upload a screenshot from the manual.)

Am I correct in thinking that this function is only available with the "ATT Navigator" Upgrade?
It would be nice if there was another way to release this function. (I could not find a reference to "Compass" in the Registry.)

hmm i couldnt find that in the manual...but ill check navigator and report back.

GraemeCR 01-22-2010 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jug6ernaut (Post 1500392)
hmm i couldnt find that in the manual...but ill check navigator and report back.

First reference is on Page 76

"A compass-like indicator specifying your direction of travel, location, and speed."

Screenshot of Extras Menu is on Page 83 with the bullet point:
"Compass – View a compass showing your current heading."

fsm001 01-23-2010 09:06 PM

I will be getting the Expo some time after the contract is up with Sprint ( Done on 2/16/10 ) so maybe on the following Saturday Hello AT&T.

deadshawn 01-26-2010 04:04 PM

I'm interested in the specs of this phone, but tried one out in the store and couldn't stand the software. I think I've been using TF3D / HTC Sense too long to change!

If we get a rom (an energyrom?) for this device I would be sold, but in till then...

A question to the people that bought one, how are you finding the build quality?

maxfree 01-27-2010 02:28 PM

It's build tought, the slider sound good and better than the hTC Dream or any CDMA Samsung! But i prefere the hTC Pro2....I wait for the hSPL because the ROM is very poor!

jug6ernaut 01-27-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxfree (Post 1520694)
It's build tought, the slider sound good and better than the hTC Dream or any CDMA Samsung! But i prefere the hTC Pro2....I wait for the hSPL because the ROM is very poor!

ive made a cab that customizes it if u want it...it rearranges teh start menu, adjust performance values, and some other random stuff...i can upload if ur interested...

arctan 01-27-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jug6ernaut (Post 1521240)
ive made a cab that customizes it if u want it...it rearranges teh start menu, adjust performance values, and some other random stuff...i can upload if ur interested...

I'm interested! I want to clean up the LGMenu and add shortcuts to the apps I've downloaded.

Thanks!

maxfree 01-28-2010 11:46 AM

Yhea body...upload it and i gonna try it today!