PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Apps/Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   **Most Popular/Wanted Iphone Apps** (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116923)

orangekid 09-14-2010 05:10 PM

Re: **Most Popular/Wanted Iphone Apps**

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1944261)
My latest favorite is now having the official Netflix app on the iphone and being able to watch movies....at work. shhhh :p

I can't wait for the Android version so I can watch movies on my 4.3" HD2 :)

schettj 09-15-2010 05:26 PM

Netflix app for Android on the way, but it could be a long wait

Or the phone you buy after your HD2 ;)

orangekid 09-15-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 1945790)

no way man I'm keeping the HD2 for a while, it runs android better than most android phones :grin:

NIKKG 09-21-2010 02:48 PM

Why would anyone want to watch netflix movies on such a small screen? Its like a waste. Personally, I don't watch any movie unless its being played on my 50" lcd with blueray quality video on my htpc. I don't even bother with DVD rips anymore, its all HD from now on. If your gonna watch a movie, you might as well get the full experience.

Also, I highly recommend you get an HTPC and put on Media Center and start a movie collection, nothing beats it, I have almost 400 movies on it and its like scrolling through a jukebox because they all have movie posters. Just awesome.

fozmsu 09-21-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1951068)
Why would anyone want to watch netflix movies on such a small screen? Its like a waste. Personally, I don't watch any movie unless its being played on my 50" lcd with blueray quality video on my htpc. I don't even bother with DVD rips anymore, its all HD from now on. If your gonna watch a movie, you might as well get the full experience.

Also, I highly recommend you get an HTPC and put on Media Center and start a movie collection, nothing beats it, I have almost 400 movies on it and its like scrolling through a jukebox because they all have movie posters. Just awesome.

Netflix is great on the iphone when you have a grouchy child in public. Usually shuts him up quick when nothing else works. It's only slightly more convienant than lugging a 50" LCD around in my back pocket. Don't even ask where I carry the satellite dish :confused2:

GirlGoneGeek 09-30-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKKG (Post 1951068)
Why would anyone want to watch netflix movies on such a small screen? Its like a waste.

mmmm my Iphone screen isn't much smaller than the Droid x ;) Movies are great for me on it.

orangekid 10-01-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1961342)
mmmm my Iphone screen isn't much smaller than the Droid x ;) Movies are great for me on it.

I dunno Court,

3.5" on a phone is significantly smaller than 4.3"

My iphone looks tiny next to my HD2, and watching live football games/movies is a lot more enjoyable on my HD2

Bonbons 03-16-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducylowycz (Post 1685508)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Photostudio - Awesome photo editing app on the iPhone, this is a must have!

All in one gamebox - Just a bunch of games that are bundled into one...super cheap!

Hipstamatic Camera - This is a toy camera simulator that takes awesome retro photos, this is a must have as well. The original hipstamatic camera was made by two brothers from Merill WI and there were only 157 ever made. Before they could build a production plant they were killed by a drunk driver. I might have a biased opinion about this one cause I'm from WI, but this app really does take some awesome photos!

I always have my eye out for good picture apps, of course now all I need is the iphone lol

Backgammon 03-10-2012 07:07 PM

For backgammon fans I can definitely recommend Masters of Backgammon. You can get free version to try out.

I have both iPhone and Android and play on both.

If you know any other backgammon apps that are really good, please pm me.

BigZeb 03-13-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fozmsu (Post 1951556)
Netflix is great on the iphone when you have a grouchy child in public. Usually shuts him up quick when nothing else works. It's only slightly more convienant than lugging a 50" LCD around in my back pocket. Don't even ask where I carry the satellite dish :confused2:

Lol.

I watch a lot of live sport on the iphone. Sure sometimes you cant see where the balls gone but really handy to dip in and out of when on the move. Anyone know any good live sports / highlights apps??