PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 12:34 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Whitestone Shipped Radios

Whitestone Radios

In preperation for hardspl which is needed to flash these radios here are some shipped whitestone radios I've collected.

2.05.60WVL VZW early radio from 1st VZW test rom
2.05.75WVL VZW radio from 1.08 shipped rom
2.15.00WVL Movistar radio from shipped 1.12.558.5
2.25.00WVL VZW radio from 3.04 upgrade

These are designed to be flashed from a fat32 formatted microsd card 2gb or smaller in size. It will not hard reset you if flashed this way. Simply unzip with 7zip not winrar and copy the WHITIMG.nbh to the root of your microsd card. Make sure you have hardspl 1st or it will not flash. Press end + vol down and press the stylus in the reset hole to enter bootloader with the above mentioned microsd card inserted in phone and it will flash.

Hopefully conflipper or someone else will make a custom ruu for whitestone that does task 32 after radio flash that won't hard reset phone so you can flash these with a RUU too without needing to use sdcard.

Edit:
I made the custom whitestone RUU that will flash a radio or bootsplash and do a soft reset instead of a hard reset.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 2.05.60WVL.rar (8.83 MB, 156 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar 2.05.75WVL.rar (8.83 MB, 197 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar 2.15.00WVL.rar (8.83 MB, 169 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar 2.25.00WVL.rar (8.84 MB, 515 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar Custom_RUU_Whitestone.rar (467.9 KB, 285 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 04-06-2010 at 10:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Whitestone Radios

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Whitestone Radios

In preperation for hardspl which is needed to flash these radios here are some shipped whitestone radios I've collected.

2.05.60WVL VZW early radio from 1st test rom.

These are designed to be flashed from a fat32 formatted microsd card 2gb or smaller in size. It will not hard reset you if flashed this way. Simply unzip with 7zip and copy the WHITIMG.nbh to the root of your microsd card. Make sure you have hardspl 1st or it will not flash. Press end + vol down and press the stylus in the reset hole to enter bootloader with the microsd card inserted in phone and it will flash.
Isn't the 2.25 the latest Imagio radio ? What would be the advantage of going back to an older radio ? I don't know what the differences are between these radios , that is why I am asking. Which radio do you think will be used in the new Imagio roms , an Imagio radio or a radio from another phone like the TP2 ?
THANKS
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 03-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Isn't the 2.25 the latest Imagio radio ? What would be the advantage of going back to an older radio ? I don't know what the differences are between these radios , that is why I am asking. Which radio do you think will be used in the new Imagio roms , an Imagio radio or a radio from another phone like the TP2 ?
THANKS
Usually it is personal preference. People see different results with different radios based on the phone and their location.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:11 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
THANKS
Yes 2.25 is the latest but latest isn't always best. Some radios do better in some areas than others. Some have less heat, some have better battery life, reception, and gps locks. Sometimes you can choose the best compromise based on where you live and what you desire most. This is so we can experiment and find the one that works best for you. Usually the newest is a good place to start but my opinion of 2.25 vs 2.05.75 is better reception in general with 2.25 but its worse than 2.05.75 gps wise as it has more gps lag for me.

Last edited by Getitnowmarketing; 03-03-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Almost a VIP

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yes 2.25 is the latest but latest isn't always best. Some radios do better in some areas than others. Some have less heat, some have better battery life, reception, and gps locks. Sometimes you can choose the best compromise based on where you live and what you desire most. This is so we can experiment and find the one that works best for you. Usually the newest is a good place to start but my opinion of 2.25 vs 2.05.75 is better reception in general with 2.25 but its worse than 2.05.75 gps wise as it has more gps lag for me.
The main reason I switched radios in the past (xv6700 ,xv6800 etc.) was to get better reception at home because I live in the suburbs about 20 miles out of town. When I switched to the 3.04 it was basically to try the 2.25 radio. With the 2.25 radio and the new prl 51803 , I am getting an extra bar at home , finally. I figured where you live had a lot to do with the performance of the radio, but wanted to check with you to see if there were any other major differences. My GPS works great also so I really am happy with 2.25.
Thanks very much for the info and I will check the new posts in this thread.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: AIRCEL-INDIA

mally2 is just getting started
Re: Whitestone Shipped Radios

Quote:
Whitestone Radios

2.05.60WVL VZW early radio from 1st VZW test rom

These are designed to be flashed from a fat32 formatted microsd card 2gb or smaller in size. It will not hard reset you if flashed this way. Simply unzip with 7zip not winrar and copy the WHITIMG.nbh to the root of your microsd card. Make sure you have hardspl 1st or it will not flash. Press end + vol down and press the stylus in the reset hole to enter bootloader with the above mentioned microsd card inserted in phone and it will flash.

Hopefully conflipper or someone else will make a custom ruu for whitestone that does task 32 after radio flash that won't hard reset phone so you can flash these with a RUU too without needing to use sdcard.
Hi

Just a quickie... will installing a new radio... sim lock my phone again.. as mine is currently sim unlocked
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

^^ No it shouldn't. lol
Old 03-05-2010, 12:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: DELL Venue
Carrier: AirTel

ncvajja is just getting started

I got 2.25 from 3.04 ROM and my reception and data are better...

Might sound stupid but a *228 option 2 every week helps too.... just my opinion
Old 03-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncvajja View Post
I got 2.25 from 3.04 ROM and my reception and data are better...

Might sound stupid but a *228 option 2 every week helps too.... just my opinion
Yeah , I do mine at least once a month because VZW lately has been releasing a new PRL about every 6 weeks.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yeah , I do mine at least once a month because VZW lately has been releasing a new PRL about every 6 weeks.
And you truly notice a difference when you do it? I used to do it regularly and never noticed a difference so now I never run it except when required after flashing/hard resetting. I thought the main point was to pickup new towers and my area is saturated for the most part so that's why I stopped.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development