PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS and Gmail (Updated 4-01-2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
I cant get email (ota) with ProxyCap. Do you know how to set it up?
Can you share the settings n rules?
I personally don't use proxycap, but there are threads on both howardforums and cdmagurus discussing it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
I personally don't use proxycap, but there are threads on both howardforums and cdmagurus discussing it.
Yes thanks. I've read n tried. I dont think even ProxyCap can get email OTA with Cricket.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Yes thanks. I've read n tried. I dont think even ProxyCap can get email OTA with Cricket.
Yes it will allow for both Pop and Imap. Also if you have an email like gmail you can push that through the activesync exchange server. The active sync exchange server does not require proxycap or the HTML data.
But really my suggestion is wait til next month and see what cricket has up their sleeves. I've heard rumors of new plans that will include taxes and possibly the HTML data. Never know but those changes are slated for next week sometime, along with the launch of the Zio, and BlackBerry.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900/Touch
Carrier: Cricket

webcrawler is a n00b

Firstly, thanks Whitney for the detailed instructions and the amazing Cricket rom you cooked up. I can see Cricket users would really be in loss without you. I'm really enjoying it, except for the fact my data connection isn't working...=/ I usually don't ever ask for help as I spend the extra hours searching and searching until I find the solution, but this time I am stumped and need your personal help.

So basically I returned from Android back to Windows Mobile wanting to get my GPS working and first I flashed NFSROM and ran the dcd Cricket cab, put in all the settings and got the dreaded "Cannot connect for an unknown reason..." error. I've been using roms for long time and have never really had this problem with my connection. Then I searched some more and found your custom Cricket roms and loaded the latest one, then tried again and still no go. I tried the CRICKET_WAP_MMS_and_Arsoft_5 fix, still same thing. Then I found this thread and I spent good hour or so diligently going through each step and made sure everything matched - and still internet doesn't work! Now I don't know what else I can try...Please if you have the time to help me out, I'll be ever grateful!

As far as my phone..I'm running your 6.5.3 Cricket rom, Radio is 3.37.77, PRI 2.03_002. Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcrawler View Post
Firstly, thanks Whitney for the detailed instructions and the amazing Cricket rom you cooked up. I can see Cricket users would really be in loss without you. I'm really enjoying it, except for the fact my data connection isn't working...=/ I usually don't ever ask for help as I spend the extra hours searching and searching until I find the solution, but this time I am stumped and need your personal help.

So basically I returned from Android back to Windows Mobile wanting to get my GPS working and first I flashed NFSROM and ran the dcd Cricket cab, put in all the settings and got the dreaded "Cannot connect for an unknown reason..." error. I've been using roms for long time and have never really had this problem with my connection. Then I searched some more and found your custom Cricket roms and loaded the latest one, then tried again and still no go. I tried the CRICKET_WAP_MMS_and_Arsoft_5 fix, still same thing. Then I found this thread and I spent good hour or so diligently going through each step and made sure everything matched - and still internet doesn't work! Now I don't know what else I can try...Please if you have the time to help me out, I'll be ever grateful!

As far as my phone..I'm running your 6.5.3 Cricket rom, Radio is 3.37.77, PRI 2.03_002. Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks!
Well I am still here for all us cricket users and thank you for the kind words.
Here is my only suggestion at this point because you say your setting are good and my ROMS are golden for cricket. It leaves one other thing, CRICKET. Now if you send me your MDN and ESN via PM (please don't post it)
I can look at it and refresh the wap and mms on the account in CID.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Lurker

webcrawler is a n00b

Ah, I sure hope this is on Cricket's side of the fence. I just PM'd you my info, thank you!
Old 08-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Lurker

webcrawler is a n00b

Thanks to Whitey's Cricket geniousness, I am pleased to announce to everyone that may read this that I have internet on my phone

Just in case if anyone gets stuck in my situation and has tried everything and followed all the directions they can possibly reading on getting WAP to work, when all else fails then try to refresh your Cricket account like Whitey graciously did for me and it just may work (though give it some time as it may take a day or two to kick in!)!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch vogue
Carrier: cricket

skillethead1999 is a n00b
Cool Re: How to flash a Vogue to cricket with GPS and Gmail (Updated 4-01-2010)

Well my question actually is that i have a HTC Touch XV6900 adn its bben flashed over to cricket but they calimed they could not fully flash it. Is this the truth or is it actually possible to have it fully flashed and operating like it should, because i dont even know what half the features are it is capable of doing because it hasnt been fully flashed.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillethead1999 View Post
Well my question actually is that i have a HTC Touch XV6900 adn its bben flashed over to cricket but they calimed they could not fully flash it. Is this the truth or is it actually possible to have it fully flashed and operating like it should, because i dont even know what half the features are it is capable of doing because it hasnt been fully flashed.
There are many different thoughts on a full flash. A fully flashed Vouge XV6900 on cricket will have talk/text/mms/wap/gps. Most all apps will work that require wap. If your looking for things like Pandora or Pop3/imap email then you will need to place the Vogue on the Android $55 plan, dealers can do this but cricket CS will not.

Following the tutorial in post #1 will get you talk/text/mms/wap/gps and gmail through the active sync server. Tried and tested thousands of times and proven to work.

On a side note, it has been known that some XV6900 GPS are locked and do not function, there are fixes for that problem if it incurs. Also a GPS radio and custom ROM are recommended.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6900
Carrier: VERIZON

wirelessparty is a n00b

is it possible for someone to do a quick summary of what to do? It is hard to read all of the posts

Thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue