PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   i want to flash my phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78988)

smilewhenlifeishard 08-11-2009 11:08 PM

i want to flash my phone

hi i think i might be posting in the wrong place but not sure anyways. i am wanting to flash my sprint htc touch from cricket to verizon.(moving and cant take the service but can not part with the phone) if any one can help me out here i thank you in advance.

LessThanZero 08-12-2009 09:52 AM

Re: i want to flash my phone

Quote:

Originally Posted by smilewhenlifeishard (Post 1095644)
hi i think i might be posting in the wrong place but not sure anyways. i am wanting to flash my sprint htc touch from cricket to verizon.(moving and cant take the service but can not part with the phone) if any one can help me out here i thank you in advance.

Not sure if you can do that. Sprint is cdma and Verizon is gsm. I may be wrong but I don't think you can use cdma on gsm.

bmar08 08-12-2009 12:07 PM

Verizon isnt GSM they are CDMA also so this can happen definatly. Just be sure to use a ROM thats either set up for Vzw or have a carrier cab for Vzw. I personally use JTs roms and he uses Vzw so they are automatically set up for the carrier but others like NSFans ROMs and others most always have the carrier cabs on the thread to download with the RRUs.

PDAPhoneJunkie 08-12-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmar08 (Post 1096684)
Verizon isnt GSM they are CDMA also so this can happen definatly. Just be sure to use a ROM thats either set up for Vzw or have a carrier cab for Vzw. I personally use JTs roms and he uses Vzw so they are automatically set up for the carrier but others like NSFans ROMs and others most always have the carrier cabs on the thread to download with the RRUs.

Not so much. In fact, you don't even have to change the ROM to swap carriers. He needs to change the PRL, then he can flash a carrier cab and such if he doesn't want to do it manually. BUt the most important part is getting them to accept the ESN, don't waste your time if you can't get that...

bmar08 08-12-2009 03:34 PM

Thanks PDA, i read a bit wrong there and was thinking they were wanting to mod the phone too... my bad.

acontrasto 08-13-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie (Post 1096748)
Not so much. In fact, you don't even have to change the ROM to swap carriers. He needs to change the PRL, then he can flash a carrier cab and such if he doesn't want to do it manually. BUt the most important part is getting them to accept the ESN, don't waste your time if you can't get that...

Exactly what I was thinking... I'm pretty sure it's still near impossible to get any company to accept the ESN if it's not in their database already.

There should be a way to do it though. I think it's required by law now that phone companies must let phones migrate to and from compatible networks. Just to confirm... Verizon and Sprint do both use CDMA technology so the phone is definitely compatible with both networks.

smilewhenlifeishard 08-13-2009 09:46 PM

thanks guys i had learned how to flash my phone from here before thats how is on cricket now.=D>:headbang:

smilewhenlifeishard 08-13-2009 10:00 PM

ok heres the thing i have already flashed it to cricket the only thing that does not work on it is the mms and so my question is that i have the gps working on it now and i have read that alot of people have a hard time to get the gps work with verizon what rom is the best for it and that has everything working right on it now. a big plus would be if the mms worked to.

thanks

horndoctor 08-14-2009 07:30 PM

I suggest NFSFANs 6.5 rom. I recommend you go over to xda and read and reread codybear's faq on flashing the Vogue. I'm pretty sure that the instructions given are for flashing to NFSFANs rom but still apply if you want another rom. Also, I highly recommend Whosdaman's roms. If you look in the Vogue Upgrades Forum you will find several roms. Happy Flashing!!!

smilewhenlifeishard 08-15-2009 11:37 AM

yea i have his rom on my phone now i love it the only thing i have a problem with is it freeze's sometimes when i am in the middle of doing something i know how to flash my phone i flashed it already for cricket i am just thinkin about switchin it to verizon . so all i should have to do is switch the carrier cab,right?