PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   CDMA security? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57327)

hntrec 02-11-2009 08:49 PM

CDMA security?

I have a HTC Touch from sprint. I'm relatively certain that I don't need a firewall because it's a cdma phone, but what about my OS? Any product suggestions if one is even needed? I already know Kaspersky, what I use on my desktop, won't work, it's for gsm smartphones, not cdma pocket pc, neither will Symantec for same reason. Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions. A tech from sprint recommended this website.

Darkflame808 02-12-2009 08:59 PM

Re: CDMA security?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hntrec (Post 707555)
I have a HTC Touch from sprint. I'm relatively certain that I don't need a firewall because it's a cdma phone, but what about my OS? Any product suggestions if one is even needed? I already know Kaspersky, what I use on my desktop, won't work, it's for gsm smartphones, not cdma pocket pc, neither will Symantec for same reason. Thanks in advance for advice and suggestions. A tech from sprint recommended this website.

Can you please elaborate what exactly it is you want?..I don't understand what you are looking for.

Are you talking about security like preventing a hacker from hacking your phone?

You don't need to worry about it. They make antivirus programs for phones because people are retarded enough to buy them.

I believe DUST was the first windows mobile virus created. All of a sudden anti virus programs popped up. To protect you from 1 virus.

Now we fast forward to now and there's MAYBE what 3 viruses? LOL!

Don't waste your memory, money or time on a anti virus program for your phone. Viruses are installed from downloading warez. You don't need to worry about being at a football game, stadium concert or in the middle of a mass of people and somehow getting your phone infected via airwaves or bluetooth or anything.

What you see in movies in strictly hollywood.

Negrito 02-12-2009 09:19 PM

Just like on Macs, anti virus software for these platforms is just a gimmick.

hntrec 02-12-2009 09:46 PM

I really didn't think I needed even a light AV with a cdma phone and now iy has been confirmed by experts. I get e-mails from my father( forwarded jokes Etc) and I delete them because just this last weekend I installed SUPERAntispyware free and Comodo Internet Security on his desktop. Comodo found 5 viruses, 8 trojans and 3 keyloggers. SAS found 31 memory items, 159 registry items and 60 file items, none of which were the same as SAS. Needless to say, I don't trust his e-mails or the attachments regardless of wether or not it can infect windows mobile. Kaspersky auto deletes about 60% of his e-mails to the desktop unless I've paid a recent visit and "cleaned" his system, but then I'm just gripping and rambling on. Thanks for the advice ya'll have provided me.