PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Sprint (Verizon) Touch Screen.... "good" (verizone like screen) owners. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53119)

JBaker 01-14-2009 01:12 AM

Sprint (Verizon) Touch Screen.... "good" (verizone like screen) owners.

Hello! Well first off, i KNOW there are different screens, the ones that cannot be seen at every angle, and those (like the Verizon) that can be seen without the washout.

I have gone through insurance to replace my broken touch, I received a refurbished touch. Right out of the box, I noticed it had a different screen without even powering it up. Once powered the screen looks better, however, the whites don't seem as white, more like an off white/eggshell.

Is this normal for those of you with the "good screens" Sprint or Verizon owners, for the white to not be "white" but more of an eggshell?

I would hate to return the phone for yet ANOTHER phone. when I actually enjoy this "good screen" besides for its off white color.

Thanks

hooover 01-14-2009 01:19 AM

Re: Sprint (Verizon) Touch Screen.... "good" (verizone like screen) owners.

Everyone with good screens consider yourself fortunate I have had a bad screen from the beginning and its just bull:cussing:

And to answer your question my neighbor has a good screen and yes his whites are/do seem slightly off.

JBaker 01-14-2009 01:24 AM

I like this screen alot, looks awesome, but the not so "white" whites are going to get some getting used to. I was hopeing to get a diamond, but this screen makes this Pos touch alittle better.

trdspectacoma 01-14-2009 01:24 AM

mine is the good screen and it is a little off white. But why change it when you have the good screen. I did not care for the white and mine cracked, but just went on ebay and bought a different color

JBaker 01-14-2009 01:33 AM

I am fine with this phone, just didn't know if it was normal.

No1ustad 01-17-2009 06:53 AM

i went thru 3-4 touches.... only on the 4th did i finally get a decent screen.

Melobrokeit 01-17-2009 10:02 AM

Why are there different screens, and is there anything we (those with the crappy screens) can do to fix this? I was aware that there were two different screens. Until i read this thread, i thought i just had to accept it.

trdspectacoma 01-17-2009 01:51 PM

to tell you the truth I don't know if it is the digitizer or the screen

hooover 01-17-2009 11:29 PM

Its the LCD underneath it all i took my Vogue completely apart, replacing the digitizer and I still had the poopy screen...