PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 06:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

user60396561 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WM6.5 dialer for WM6.1?

I was playing with my buddy's phone and really liked the 6.5 dialer, especially the feature that as you type the numbers, it shows you your contacts that either contain those numbers or are spelled out from the keypad. The big buttons are also helpful, which I've found a couple skins or using iDialer, but I would take the search feature as priority. I would prefer a default dialer vs using a separate launch program, since I know programs like FunContact has the ability, but would also consider any lightweight programs. Any alternatives or has it been ported?

Also on a semi-related note, does anybody know how to close the keypad after a call so it just doesn't stay on the screen and say "end call"? I actually want it to exit back to the today screen.

Last edited by user60396561; 05-31-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Re: WM6.5 dialer for WM6.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by user60396561 View Post
I was playing with my buddy's phone and really liked the 6.5 dialer, especially the feature that as you type the numbers, it shows you your contacts that either contain those numbers or are spelled out from the keypad. The big buttons are also helpful, which I've found a couple skins or using iDialer, but I would take the search feature as priority. I would prefer a default dialer vs using a separate launch program, since I know programs like FunContact has the ability, but would also consider any lightweight programs. Any alternatives or has it been ported?

Also on a semi-related note, does anybody know how to close the keypad after a call so it just doesn't stay on the screen and say "end call"? I actually want it to exit back to the today screen.
Yeah, upgrade to 6.5,
and hit the x/ok button in top right corner.
hahahahahha....
Sorry for the B.S. post,
I'm in a smart a*s mood right now.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can get at pocketpcfreeware.mobi
Old 05-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

If you are on a Vogue and using a stock dialer you would have smart dialing by default (this is the search feature), iDialer does not have this and is a main reason I never used it. I love smart dialing.

Right now the dialer in 6.5 is not that different than the one in 6.1 the only difference is slide to answer screen that pops up when the phone is locked, otherwise the dialer is essentially the same.

On another note, there are many other reasons to try 6.5

Last edited by mlin; 05-31-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

user60396561 is just getting started

Lol my bad. Guess I never used it to notice.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: etisalat

drsalem is a n00b

thank you
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue