PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Activesync not connecting to my Touch (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39220)

hueman84 10-01-2008 05:33 PM

Activesync not connecting to my Touch

I recently Flashed WDM's 1.6 M2D Rom and all has been fine. Around 2:30AM last night was the last time I had my phone connected to my computer via activesync. I installed QuickMenu and a couple of language translator packs. I have not been able to connect my phone to my PC for the past hour. It says "connecting" on my PC, but then doesn't make the connection. When I go into Activesync on the phone and press Sync, nothing happens. I have tried soft resetting my phone and restarting my computer and neither seem to work. Any idea what the problem could be?

CAD-KONG 10-01-2008 05:55 PM

Re: Activesync not connecting to my Touch

try going to start; settings; connection tab; and tap on the USB to PC link... if the box is checked, uncheck it and hit ok... that happened to me too... hope that helps...

hueman84 10-01-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAD-KONG (Post 442072)
try going to start; settings; connection tab; and tap on the USB to PC link... if the box is checked, uncheck it and hit ok... that happened to me too... hope that helps...

Yea that box was checked for me, but I unchecked it and its still not connecting. Any other options? I even just reinstalled Activesync on my computer...so im thinking it definitely has to be something with my phone.

avgas100 10-01-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAD-KONG (Post 442072)

WOW! I was not able to sync for the past 2 weeks, and had a hell of a time flashing Roms and transferring files, I thought I had tried everything!! That tip worked like a charm, Thanks man!! :mrgreen:

hueman84 10-02-2008 12:02 AM

I just hard reset and it started connecting again and was working fine. After I got done installing even the most basic things on my phone it stopped connecting again...WTF! I'm starting to think it may be the ROM.

I think there may be some corrupt files. Mainly because none of the files I installed were any different than I had on the 1.2 version of the WDM ROM, but with this version I can't even back up the whole file with spb backup. At the end of backing up it says there were several issues and it lists these (don't know if they are linked to activesync or not):

Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\ZoomOut.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\ZoomIn.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\TextSearch.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\PrevPage.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\OpenBook.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\NextPage.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\FitWidth.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\FitPage.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\FirstPage.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\ARLEHELP\CloseBook.bmp"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\OEM\msvcr80.dll"
Unable to read from file "\Windows\OEM\MFC80U.dll"

After doing a little research I found that the two .dll's I listed are connected to activesync...maybe I need to replace them some how?

rcrown 10-02-2008 08:05 AM

Are you paying the $7 per month for replacement? My Touch did the same thing last month actually before the ROM upgrade. I got a replacement and upgraded the ROM to 6.1. No problem with ActiveSync since then. Seems crazy with the rest of the features working fine, but hey the replacement worked.

hueman84 10-02-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcrown (Post 442857)
Are you paying the $7 per month for replacement? My Touch did the same thing last month actually before the ROM upgrade. I got a replacement and upgraded the ROM to 6.1. No problem with ActiveSync since then. Seems crazy with the rest of the features working fine, but hey the replacement worked.

I am paying the $7 per a month for replacement, but I really think this is a software issue, not a hardware issue.

Bacchus416 10-02-2008 10:01 AM

ill have to try the tip. activesyn doesnt work on my home computer (that runs vista). I know it should...but it doesnt. It detects something thats plugged in, but it cant pick it up as a wm6 device

CAD-KONG 10-02-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avgas100 (Post 442378)
WOW! I was not able to sync for the past 2 weeks, and had a hell of a time flashing Roms and transferring files, I thought I had tried everything!! That tip worked like a charm, Thanks man!! :mrgreen:

hahaha... glad i could help someone out... :mrgreen:

to the OP... have you tried deleting the sync to your phone under the active sync program on your computer??? maybe you need to delete teh current connection to your phone and reset everything back up to it... only other thing i can think of...

hueman84 10-02-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAD-KONG (Post 443111)
hahaha... glad i could help someone out... :mrgreen:

to the OP... have you tried deleting the sync to your phone under the active sync program on your computer??? maybe you need to delete teh current connection to your phone and reset everything back up to it... only other thing i can think of...

Holy crap, it worked!

It's funny because before when I had the problem (before the hard reset), I had done the same thing and it didnt work, but this time it worked. Thanks for the reminder :headbang: