PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Bizz28 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have I bricked my phone?

Hey all. I'm having a weird issue. I dl'ed dharvey's latest sprint rom and proceeded to flash my rom like I have numerous times in the past. When I started the RUU everything was going normal, but my screen on my phone went dark, I believe it was restarting at this point. But after the rom updated I never saw my screen come back. The rom proceeded to update as normal but I saw no replica of the progress bar on my phone. Its as if it had died. But theres seems to be some light coming from it. please help. I've tried everything with no success. (Hard reset, Soft reset, bootloader mode) I've posted a video to better demonstrate my problem. In the video I'm turning my screen on and off. If anyone can let me know if this is fixable please let me know what I must do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbE1IwnvjF8
Old 08-15-2008, 03:31 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Re: Have I bricked my phone?

What happens when you try a hard reset? does the white screen with instructions come up, or is it still blank?

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

could be LCD went bad, The phone may be responding or still in bootloader mode but you just might not be able to see anything. Have you tried flashing from SD?

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Bizz28 is a n00b

Hard reset didn't work, white screen doesn't come up. Still stays blank like in my video. Flash from sd? How do I do that?

Last edited by Bizz28; 08-15-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Bizz28 is a n00b

Ok I've just tried flashing from sd. But when I try to go into bootloader mode I still get nothing on screen. I believe my screen has failed, don't know what else it could be. It just seems strange that it would fail right when I began the flashing process. Hopefully I don't have trouble getting a replacement phone.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:34 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the flash is what might have screwed the display, it might not be the actual LCD but something went wacky when you started the flash. If you cant see anything on the screen i doubt you will have any issue getting a replacement
Old 08-15-2008, 06:09 PM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

You might try flashing to the new Official Sprint ROM and see what happens. Do it from your computer. Just start the exe and let it go. It could be that your display settings or drivers got messed up in the last flash.

What happens when you plug your phone into a computer? Does it sync?
Old 08-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Bizz28 is a n00b

I've just returned from getting a replacement phone from a Sprint service center. Unfortunately I received a brand new phone with a "washed out" look to the lcd. I remember seeing a youtube video with a comparison of the 2 screens. Oh well. Time to update/flash!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue