PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   My screen will sometimes randomly not turn on... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28886)

duelingdragons 06-09-2008 11:07 PM

My screen will sometimes randomly not turn on...

The phone itself is on, as I can see the LED blinking, but the screen remains black, even after I hit the power button at the top.

Soft reset fixes it.

I've had the phone for about a week, its happened maybe 4 times. Any ideas?

LuLuTheMonk 06-10-2008 12:44 AM

Re: My screen will sometimes randomly not turn on...

I have just encountered the same error three times now. I have had my phone for 3 days or so. Any help would be appreciated as well.

BenS 06-10-2008 01:56 AM

I have experienced it recently, but think that it is related to a compatability issue with HTC Touch and S2U2 v1.03. It had never happened previously before i installed it and after I went back to v1.01 it hasn't done it since.. I am not sure if it is actually related but seemed coincidental.

edscholl 06-10-2008 02:32 AM

i had the problem after i installed cokeman's unlocker, but before i flashed the rom. w/ everything stock, and after flashing OMJ's verizon wm6.1, everything's all good. you running any mods?

LuLuTheMonk 06-10-2008 04:15 AM

No Mods, nothing custom, do not have S2U2 installed. Everything is stock, the only programs I have installed are:
Operamini
SPB Backup
SPB Full Keyboard
Slide2Play
googlemaps
Instant Messaging (default sprint app)

Rabid_Gypsy 06-10-2008 06:34 AM

Before I flashed my ROM, this would happen to me often. I noticed it would happen when the screen was off and I plugged it in, that was the only time it would happen. With a PPCKitchen, I have not had this problem at all.

Red49er 06-10-2008 11:47 AM

Rabid- Are you using s2u2 1.03? And no problems?

Rabid_Gypsy 06-10-2008 08:41 PM

I'm using v1.01 and no problems, just the one included with the kitchen.

BenS 06-11-2008 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenS (Post 310116)
I have experienced it recently, but think that it is related to a compatability issue with HTC Touch and S2U2 v1.03. It had never happened previously before i installed it and after I went back to v1.01 it hasn't done it since.. I am not sure if it is actually related but seemed coincidental.

I'm not sure it is related to any version of s2u2 after all. I had pretty good luck with my touch not going into deep sleep since I had removed v1.03 but it happened twice today. Really wondering what is causing this and hopw to fix it. I took a nap and set my phone as an alarm and while sleeping I noticed that this was a really long 30 minutes so I checked the clock and nearly an hour had past. Hopefully someone will recognize the issue so that it can be resolved.

Rabid_Gypsy 06-11-2008 02:38 AM

Is anyone having these problems with a cooked ROM? If so, what version?