PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Help, Bricked! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28488)

mikemogren 06-05-2008 10:12 AM

Help, Bricked!

Hey,
I believe the problem is related to what cokeman has discussed related to the danger of reverting back after upgrading to GPS, which I sadly discovered after bricking my phone.

I was running your unlocked 2.31 boot loader with the 3.x Radio and JD's Hybrid ROM. I decided to revert back to the stock ROM because of a few issues i was having with not receiving calls, etc.

I downgraded to .40 unlocked and then flashed with the signed factory ROM for Sprint (which is the correct ROM). Now when I power up the phone it simply hangs on the HTC screen, and shows a Radio version of "None". So, I am stuck with a LOCKED bootloader and no radio, therefore no booting.

I have put the VOGUIMG from the factory ROM on the SD card and that installs but doesn't help, and I have flashed the factory ROM approx 5 times.

Is there anything else I can try??

Thanks so much.

yaco 06-05-2008 12:06 PM

Re: Help, Bricked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemogren (Post 305664)
Hey,
I believe the problem is related to what cokeman has discussed related to the danger of reverting back after upgrading to GPS, which I sadly discovered after bricking my phone.

I was running your unlocked 2.31 boot loader with the 3.x Radio and JD's Hybrid ROM. I decided to revert back to the stock ROM because of a few issues i was having with not receiving calls, etc.

I downgraded to .40 unlocked and then flashed with the signed factory ROM for Sprint (which is the correct ROM). Now when I power up the phone it simply hangs on the HTC screen, and shows a Radio version of "None". So, I am stuck with a LOCKED bootloader and no radio, therefore no booting.

I have put the VOGUIMG from the factory ROM on the SD card and that installs but doesn't help, and I have flashed the factory ROM approx 5 times.

Is there anything else I can try??

Thanks so much.

Mike is a friend of mine... he basically downgraded his SPL to .38 and messed up his radio at the same time.

So the question is: Is there a way to "unlock" the device to .40 or 2.31 from the BOOTLOADER screen (without activesync)?

mikemogren 06-06-2008 01:26 AM

bump, anyone?

cartelinc 06-06-2008 01:28 AM

are you sure you did a HARD-RESET? I had the same problem on my 6700 where it was hanging at the first boot screen. I thought I bricked my phone as well, turns out after about 3 hours of being p***ed at it. I found that I wasn't doing a complete hard reset. I was pushing all the required buttons for a hard reset but I wasn't holding them in long enough. Phone works like a champ again.

vetvito 06-06-2008 01:39 AM

You have to be in Windows to do a hard spl(Coke).

mikemogren 06-06-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetvito (Post 306553)
You have to be in Windows to do a hard spl(Coke).

So, I'm screwed?

mikemogren 06-06-2008 02:05 PM

Someone needs to brilliantly figure out how to unlock via the SD Card or from the boot loader :)

Brilliant people?

mikemogren 06-06-2008 07:21 PM

Sprint is sending a replacement.

Cost me $35

yaco 06-06-2008 09:45 PM

haha... that's not bad!

holo 06-06-2008 10:23 PM

Problem is you relocked to a non-gps/reva enabled bootloader, which is NOT compatible with the newer roms. I do think you can still unlock the device though if you can get to the tricolor screen - otherwise flash the old 2.xx series sprint rom and radio to get back into windows (you should be able to find a link on here somewhere) and then unlock. Never relock to go to a series 3.xx rom....

I'm pretty sure your device is not a brick....