PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   So, my Touch Fell in a puddle.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28163)

Omerta6 06-01-2008 11:03 PM

So, my Touch Fell in a puddle....

Won't power up. Is it toast as I am guessing? Any suggestions of what could be done?

Hauk 06-01-2008 11:18 PM

Re: So, my Touch Fell in a puddle....

It probably shorted out instantly, so its pretty much dead, take it down to your providers repair center and tell them what happened, they will either fix it or tell you how to get a new one, if you have insurance, then it will be replaced for free.

Balkar 06-01-2008 11:19 PM

Put it in warm coffee? :P *ironic*

acwyau 06-01-2008 11:19 PM

Pull the battery, allow it to dry for a few days and try it again. Some have suggested putting it in a bag of rice to absorb the moisture, but either way let it dry completely before trying to power it up again. My BB took a bath for hours and still works flawlessly.

jethro_static 06-01-2008 11:31 PM

This is the reason why we pay insurance.

mixxy 06-01-2008 11:31 PM

ok, listen this is VERY VERY important

TAKE OUT YOUR BATTERY AS SOON AS YOUR READ THIS

the first thing we wanna do is take the battery out so that it doesnt short out. Its not necessarily true thats its shorted already, because sometimes the battery doesnt work sometimes because IT gets shot before it gives current to the phone.

Second, you want to take the battery and just leave it out in the sun for 12-13 hrs.

While ur doing this, plug the phone into the charger and see if you can possibly do ANYTHING

try another battery and see if it turns on.

If worst comes to worst, and youve lost everything. I hope you have insurance so that you can go get a new one.

HOpe this helps man...ill pray for u

jethro_static 06-01-2008 11:35 PM

I say if you have insurance,Eventhough you fix your phone, Have them replace it. It will just give you problems in the long run. Tell em it's lost or stolen.If you don't have insurance, well you just have to live with it.

Omerta6 06-01-2008 11:48 PM

No insurance :(

And I'm not sure where the phone stands since it is a telus phone but my carrier is bell.

I took the battery out and its been out all day. I tried plugging it into the charger and nothing... Hopefully it just needs to try out more.

I'll toss it in a bag of rice see if that helps

Thanks for the input guys, if worse comes to worse are they worth anything as parts phones?

jethro_static 06-02-2008 12:17 AM

Yes in ebay.Everything has worth in there. Prolly somebody needs the housing.

No1ustad 06-02-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hauk (Post 301971)
It probably shorted out instantly, so its pretty much dead, take it down to your providers repair center and tell them what happened, they will either fix it or tell you how to get a new one, if you have insurance, then it will be replaced for free.

it will not be replaced for free-probably be $50 for a replacement.

rice is a good idea. silica gel works well too! when u think it's dry, wait longer.