PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Diamond OS Ported to Vogue?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27734)

violentz313 05-27-2008 03:12 PM

Diamond OS Ported to Vogue??

Just curious if anyone is working on this for verizon touch it has already showed up on other phones at xda.

Red49er 05-27-2008 03:32 PM

Re: Diamond OS Ported to Vogue??

Link?

violentz313 05-27-2008 03:39 PM

for what it working on other phones?

Draiko 05-27-2008 03:42 PM

Unless the touch gets that 3d video driver working, The Touch Diamond's UI won't be usable. That's all... lock the thread.

[sammich] 05-27-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draiko (Post 296728)
Unless the touch gets that 3d video driver working, The Touch Diamond's UI won't be usable. That's all... lock the thread.

WTF... why would you lock the thread?

Anyway, could the OP provide a link or 2? I would like to see the ROM's contents!
Plus, people are working on that video driver...

Red49er 05-27-2008 03:44 PM

I'm more interested in seeing what other cookers HAVE accomplished, I'm reading through the diamond stock post on xda right now.

Edit: If the OP was reading what I just found, I think we already have this done.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=392637
Ameet ported the XIP from the Diamond rom to an Elf (thats the GSM Touch if I remember right), which is what JD is doing with his new experimental rom. If I'm mistaken and people are doing more than just porting xips, please enlighten :)

violentz313 05-27-2008 03:47 PM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=430

violentz313 05-27-2008 03:48 PM

and thanks saumaun exactly why lock it there are no other threads on this topic.

vetvito 05-27-2008 04:14 PM

i have it ported for the vogue and titan. check my thread for more info. it doesnt offer us much

SprintTouch08 05-27-2008 08:29 PM

i doubt youll see the diamond rom ported for our phones. Totally different resolution interfaces first of all so EVERY graphic will be off and huge. So someone woudl have to go through every single graphic in the ROM and edit them somehow. Then have proper 3d drivers and hardware specs. But the XIP is certainly not the ROM and contains nothing "Diamond" specific about it.

vboyz103 05-27-2008 08:37 PM

SprintTouch is right, I tried ported the SYS folder only and it got p***** the window mobile screen but the thing is everything is so huge because it was made for VGA.

vetvito 05-27-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 297070)
i doubt youll see the diamond rom ported for our phones. Totally different resolution interfaces first of all so EVERY graphic will be off and huge. So someone woudl have to go through every single graphic in the ROM and edit them somehow. Then have proper 3d drivers and hardware specs. But the XIP is certainly not the ROM and contains nothing "Diamond" specific about it.

Nah, I have it. I have the full System and XIP. You just have to change 192 to 196. The only thing the diamond has that we can't is the OEM APPS. Check my Titan thread, or Dump the Diamond rom and see all of the OEM packages. The System really doesnt offer anything new, just another build number.

You have to remember Manilla just sits on top of windows.

slypher 05-27-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetvito (Post 297095)
Nah, I have it. I have the full System and XIP. You just have to change 192 to 196. The only thing the diamond has that we can't is the OEM APPS. Check my Titan thread, or Dump the Diamond rom and see all of the OEM packages. The System really doesnt offer anything new, just another build number.

Agreed, doesn't anyone remember that Manilla was released as a cab file a some time ago and it ran retardedly slow on the touch due to the driver issues that it has.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=363500&page=6

-s

Juicy47 05-27-2008 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetvito (Post 297095)

When you say change 192 to 196, I assume you mean 96. Also, do you mean remaming the files/folders to 96 or keeping the dpi folders from a titan/vogue dump?

vetvito 05-27-2008 10:22 PM

My fault, thanks for the correction. 192-196.

You can keep your dpi files from your device. The files you need don't even contain dpi settings.

Juicy47 05-27-2008 11:13 PM

Vetvito, I tried porting the SYS folders (except for .VM, WINCE, sys32 files) and my ROM never boots. Any advice?

jakdillard 05-28-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 297262)
Vetvito, I tried porting the SYS folders (except for .VM, WINCE, sys32 files) and my ROM never boots. Any advice?

yeah put that stuff back in thats the stuff you will need if you are not familiar with the sys folder only remove the obvious also make sure you have the .NLS folder in you SYS package or it will not boot

jakdillard 05-28-2008 12:20 AM

Also you can close this thread porting of the Diamond OS was so done alreadyago so this thread has become very pointless

SprintTouch08 05-28-2008 01:59 PM

well i think the OP meant take the WHOLE OS and stick it on the touch exactly how it is on the Diamond, and that just isnt happening

And ive seen that the SYS was exported to current ROMs, but it doesnt offer anything new to the party other than some Diamond OEM's which half of them dont work and the other half are usually cabbed up on xda within a day or 2 anyways and can be installed into whatever you currently run.

jakdillard 05-28-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 297791)
well i think the OP meant take the WHOLE OS and stick it on the touch exactly how it is on the Diamond, and that just isnt happening

And ive seen that the SYS was exported to current ROMs, but it doesnt offer anything new to the party other than some Diamond OEM's which half of them dont work and the other half are usually cabbed up on xda within a day or 2 anyways and can be installed into whatever you currently run.

which is why the thread should be closed the diamond os was never gonna give anything new other then a new build number .......

leoiden 05-28-2008 03:37 PM

don,t listen to this guy just because he likes barebones rom does not mean others wouldn,t love new or updated appls from the diamond rom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SprintTouch08 05-28-2008 04:36 PM

uhh i will listen to this guy since JD- about 12 ROMs, you about um ZERO. What have you done for the community in terms of ROM's to criticize?

YOU CANT USE HALF THE STUFF FROM THE DIAMOND. get it through the thick skull its just not physically possible.

leoiden 05-28-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 297991)
uhh i will listen to this guy since JD- about 12 ROMs, you about um ZERO. What have you done for the community in terms of ROM's to criticize?

YOU CANT USE HALF THE STUFF FROM THE DIAMOND. get it through the thick skull its just not physically possible.

nothing is impossible in this world even your IGNORANCE CAN BE FIXED
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:protest::protest::prot est:

SprintTouch08 05-28-2008 08:36 PM

just stop while youre ahead. JD has more skill in his pinky than your whole body with ROMs. How dare you question someone SO experienced vs. YOUR clear ignorant opinion- he knows exactly what hes talking about.

[sammich] 05-28-2008 08:42 PM

Guys. Stop. Now.

You are fighting over ROM builders in a non-productive way which is FORBIDDEN at PPCGeeks.

Stop flaming or this thread will be closed. [not by me, but by a mod that can.]

DHarvey 05-28-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 298239)
Guys. Stop. Now.

You are fighting over ROM builders in a non-productive way which is FORBIDDEN at PPCGeeks.

Stop flaming or this thread will be closed. [not by me, but by a mod that can.]

Agreed...

As for the rest of you who can't stop arguing with one another, this is you: :argue: and this is what you guys are doing to me... :violent2:

SprintTouch08 05-29-2008 02:02 AM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/basic/puke.gif and this is me when newbs dont appreciate any work the masterful ROM cookers do around here and take them for granted being disrespectful like that.

leoiden 05-29-2008 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 298565)
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/basic/puke.gif and this is me when newbs dont appreciate any work the masterful ROM cookers do around here and take them for granted being disrespectful like that.

:angry7::angry7::angry7::angry7::drunken::drunken: :drunken::disgust::disgust::disgust:

esteban1st 05-30-2008 02:38 PM

Can we see some screen shots?

up2no6ood 05-30-2008 03:05 PM

post all the graphic files and I will resize them all...It shouldnt take very long

boggsie 05-30-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leoiden (Post 298007)
nothing is impossible in this world even your IGNORANCE CAN BE FIXED
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:protest::protest::prot est:

You are absolutely correct - this is NOT IMPOSSIBLE !!!

Quote:

vetvito said: i have it ported for the vogue and titan. check my thread for more info. it doesnt offer us much
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=27379 OS 5.2.19213 & OS 5.2.19588 (two different roms)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18836 OS 5.2.19588

both vetvito's threads ...

Best regards,
-boggsie