PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2008, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Activate Sprint phone on Verizon, Altell, etc... Network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankd3ckskat3r View Post
dharvey, does this allow you to clone esns? please, if you have any information on how to do this, please pm me or IM me on aim - blankd3ckskat3r TIA
Check your PM.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

walla is keeping up the good workwalla is keeping up the good work

Does the ESN needs to be clean on sprint's network for it to work on Verizon?
Old 03-29-2008, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid
Threadstarter

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community

Generally yes. If you are having problems with a Bad ESN, check this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380172
Old 04-04-2008, 03:39 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by walla View Post
Does the ESN needs to be clean on sprint's network for it to work on Verizon?
Nope I buy bad esn phones from other carriers all the time and have had no problem getting them on vzw other than sweet talking tech support to add them to the vzw device database.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

bahegner@hotmail.com is a n00b

Sprint ESN numbers cannot be used at Verizon or vice versa. When I try to activate a Verizon phone at Sprint it tells me that ESN is not in inventory. Sprint and Verizon both have "closed" networks as does alltel. Cricket is the only cdma carrier that will allow any cdma esn on their network.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

cable is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Seems like alot of steps that aren't needed.

This is all you need to do really;

First check with the carrier you intend on using your phone on to see if they can and will accept it.

Call Sprint, ask them for your MSL, they will ask you for the ESN. You can play this sneaky if you want but don't need to, by telling them you needed to manually program your MSID and MDN but need the 6 digit code MSL.. YMMV, remember Sprint got sued and lost, they have to provide you with the MSL..

Go here http://www.corolada.com/prl/ and download the latest PRL for the carrier you are wanting to use. Copy this to the phone (device).

Type ##PRL# on the phone's dial pad, enter the MSL and choose to edit the prl, choose load, it will look on your device for available prls, load it up let it do it's thing, reset the phone.

Type ##PST#, edit, enter MSL, look for SID/NID.. Edit those to the appropriate settings for your new carrier. You can go here http://www.rainyday.ca/~dialtone/ to look up the PRL interpretations. Using search and find, look for the city you're in for the SID (tower #) in your area and enter it if you don't know it.

Call provider give them the info they need and follow their instructions on reprogramming your phone. Usually ##MSL# (Your MSL) then you can edit the MSID MDN.. *228 should work now, you may have to try *228xx (00-99) combination to get your carrier's activation team if you didn't get the SID right.

Your phone should work from there..

If you want to further customize or use the carrier's rom for the same device, if there is one available. You can just unlock the phone and load up that carrier's rom for your particular phone. To get features working for that carrier..

Another thing to take into mind is that you become your own tech support for any issues with your phone.

goodluck,

-CC

P.S. thought comes to mind with this, getting EVDO to work on another carrier is gonna be a
well i lil lost on step ( Type ##PST#, edit, enter MSL, look for SID/NID.. Edit those to the appropriate settings for your new carrier. You can go here http://www.rainyday.ca/~dialtone/ to look up the PRL interpretations. Using search and find, look for the city you're in for the SID (tower #) in your area and enter it if you don't know it.) i got in ##pst# and all i see is msid is that the same thing as sid/nid it has my old sprint number in the msid any help on this or what i should look for in ##pst# i got the prl thing working i even can call the *611 and go to the carriers main line im useing 6800 unlock with ****ed rom thxs for any help i kid see what you were saying but says i need 10 numbers in msid i just cant put 5 like that site says to do

Last edited by cable; 04-09-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch aka vogue

lalo41 is just getting started

I want to used my htc touch sprint on cricket will this work ?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: blackberry 9550
Carrier: verizon

dbm0361 is a n00b

what do you consider bad esn's and im going to try switch my touch to alltel from sprint and suggestions? please let me know
Old 05-25-2008, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Hello I have just changed to ESN of my touch to the same as my mogul using the methods in the cracking 6800 packaged file. I have SuperCID with mtty 00000000 and then successfully changed the ESN in CDMA workshop. I have also using ##778# i copied the MSID MDN and the settings from my MIP on default profile and custom 1 profile. I am able to receive calls and browse the web in 1x not EVDO. When trying to run the IOTA it attempts to connect with failure. Error 67, but i can successfully browse the net only in 1x. Is there a way to fix this. The only problem i had was not being able to copy the AAA secret key from the default MIP profile because it was all crazy characters, did successfully copy this info from the custom profile 1 with my SPCS user name. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks
Old 06-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch aka vogue

lalo41 is just getting started

can I flash my sprint htc touch to boost unlimited there a prl on that page for boost unlimited
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue