PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How do you transfer service to a HTC Touch/Vogue running custom rom or android? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141196)

cardboardbox 02-23-2011 11:39 AM

How do you transfer service to a HTC Touch/Vogue running custom rom or android?

I have an old HTC Touch/Vogue that I upgraded to one of the latest Android builds a few weeks ago. At the time I didnt test anything and the phone gathered dust on my desk. Today I tried transferring service to it to see if it worked and I cant make a call or do anything with it. I get "Your account has not been validated" msg when I try to call. There are programming instructions on sprint's website:
Quote:

If you have a previously activated phone, press ## followed by the secondary 6-digit code located in the Programming Instructions section of the Activate your new phone page, followed by an additional #. Example: ##123456#. (The last # entered will not show on the display.)
I've tried this with the secondary code sent via email (have to hit dial after last #, does not do anything automatically) but get the error, "Connection problem or invalid MMI code."

Any ideas? I also have a Touch Diamond with a similar issue. I wasnt able to get it up and running until I flashed the stock rom and selected "Update Profile" from one of the menus.

horndoctor 02-24-2011 02:24 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Try dialing ##786# then click on Menu at the bottom right.
Press Reset then OK and then enter your MSL. The phone will do a hard reset and reprovision.

cardboardbox 02-25-2011 04:05 PM

Re: How do you transfer service to a HTC Touch/Vogue running custom rom or android?

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2060631)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Press Reset then OK and then enter your MSL. The phone will do a hard reset and reprovision.

Is there a way to do this on a HTC Touch running android?

I did try this on my Diamond and I think it worked although my data speed seems to be unbelievably slow right now.

horndoctor 02-26-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardboardbox
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2060631)

Is there a way to do this on a HTC Touch running android?

I did try this on my Diamond and I think it worked although my data speed seems to be unbelievably slow right now.

It should work.

cardboardbox 02-26-2011 01:43 PM

Re: How do you transfer service to a HTC Touch/Vogue running custom rom or android?

There's no menu on the android dialer. Entering ##786# and pushing the dial button briefly shows "USSD Code running" and then a window pops up saying "Connection problem or invalid MMI code." I also tried ##786 but the phone thinks I'm dialing a regular number and I get the "Your account has not been validated" message. I then tried ##786#xxxxxx (Secondary 6-digit code in email)... same MMI code message.

hmmm, just went over to xda and did some reading before hitting submit here. It looks like theres no way to provision this phone when flashed to android. I'll have to flash to WM, let it provision, make sure data and gps is working there, then flash to android. And thats too much to do just to swap phones every once in a while.

thanks for your help anyway.

horndoctor 02-27-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardboardbox (Post 2061770)
There's no menu on the android dialer. Entering ##786# and pushing the dial button briefly shows "USSD Code running" and then a window pops up saying "Connection problem or invalid MMI code." I also tried ##786 but the phone thinks I'm dialing a regular number and I get the "Your account has not been validated" message. I then tried ##786#xxxxxx (Secondary 6-digit code in email)... same MMI code message.

hmmm, just went over to xda and did some reading before hitting submit here. It looks like theres no way to provision this phone when flashed to android. I'll have to flash to WM, let it provision, make sure data and gps is working there, then flash to android. And thats too much to do just to swap phones every once in a while.

thanks for your help anyway.

No problem.
Sounds like you figured it out.

boredandtattooed 02-27-2011 11:05 AM

arent you just dual booting?? or does the Vogue have NAND abilities

otherwise, just reboot into windows and do the steps... no flashing of any kind should be needed..

cardboardbox 02-27-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 2062143)
arent you just dual booting?? or does the Vogue have NAND abilities

otherwise, just reboot into windows and do the steps... no flashing of any kind should be needed..

yes, android is flashed on the nand.