PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   man.. minor gripes with typing hopefully some could help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12131)

MrOuija36 11-20-2007 01:51 AM

man.. minor gripes with typing hopefully some could help

im coming from a sidekick 3 to a treo 700wx and now to a sprint touch.. so naturally im a FAST texter and i find the touch to be simple to type on but two things get in my way...

1. please tell me there is a reg hack to completly disable xt9 text dear god i hate it so..

2.when i type the letters become highlighted and i type fast so for example when i type the word complete, "omplete" will be highlighted and when i press the space key quickly the highlighted text goes away

htc doesnt seem to cater to us speed texters lol

either way is there a reg change to shorten the time text is highligted while typing

swear id PAY for these two hacks other than that i love this thing

Pibe38 11-20-2007 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOuija36 (Post 126143)
2.when i type the letters become highlighted and i type fast so for example when i type the word complete, "omplete" will be highlighted and when i press the space key quickly the highlighted text goes away

This happens to me when typing short words or when typing in Spanish. The space bar should ALWAYS add a space, not erase what's highlighted... I hate it.

MrOuija36 11-20-2007 09:49 PM

right wtf lol

still no hope folks?

ruskiyab 11-21-2007 05:38 AM

there is a registry hack to turn off xt9 its the same one that makes pocketcm keyboard functional. however, give cootek touchpal a try while it's still free, its an amazing keyboard, you can type pretty damn fast with it.

gtnotoriouz 11-21-2007 02:36 PM

I just figured out how to use XT9 for the first time and all I gotta say is it is amazing lol. My advice, take the time to learn the default keyboard using XT9 rather than double-tap if you have the Sprint HTC Touch

Pibe38 11-21-2007 03:21 PM

I use XT9, I don't have a problem with it. It's not perfect, but it does the job.

I still use ABC input when I type in Spanish though, and the spacebar issue is really annoying.

SINNN 11-21-2007 03:33 PM

Is XT9 inside the touch already? Sorry for the ignorant question.. but I am new to this virtual keyboard aswell.

CruiSin 11-21-2007 03:42 PM

PocketCM wasn't bad, but I found I could text faster with the cootek TouchPal keyboard that was mentioned above. I can type as fast on that as I could on the Mogul or Treo.

SINNN 11-21-2007 05:12 PM

Personally.. I tried Touchpal... but didnt like it. I preffer the one that comes with the Touch. Just try them all and see which one you like.

EtherealRemnant 11-21-2007 05:30 PM

I don't like any of them but SPB's FSK. I find that typing on the FSK is comparable to typing on my old Sidekick, which I was quite fast with. Its even on par with my 6700. The Mogul's keyboard was garbage so I typed slower on it lol.