PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What is Sprint replacing the Vogue with if I brought it in for replacement(insurance) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113312)

shrimpsiumai 03-07-2010 03:29 PM

What is Sprint replacing the Vogue with if I brought it in for replacement(insurance)

Thanks in advance!

I figure I should use my insurance after paying 2 years worth of it.

walla 03-07-2010 03:41 PM

Re: What is Sprint replacing the Vogue with if I brought it in for replacement(insura

HTC Touch Pro 2.

I kid. You'll receive another Touch.

shrimpsiumai 03-07-2010 07:12 PM

Re: What is Sprint replacing the Vogue with if I brought it in for replacement(insura

Hm... They still have Touch after 2-3 years?????

typo lad 03-08-2010 07:59 AM

They recently replaced my Touch with a Diamond.

boggsie 03-08-2010 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walla (Post 1613187)
HTC Touch Pro 2.
I kid. You'll receive another Touch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typo lad (Post 1614562)
They recently replaced my Touch with a Diamond.

An interesting thought.

I too received a Diamond (Victor) when my third Touch (Vogue) was replaced. I kept wearing out the d-pad playing kevtris.

Well, as I understand it, the Diamond has been EOL'd as it is no longer available with a new contract. So there may be a Touch (Vogue) or Diamond (Victor) available as a replacement, but these would probably be refurbished. What happens when the refurbs dry up? Does Sprint and/or Assurion start offering the Touch Pro 2?

Best regards,
-boggsie

latepenguin 03-08-2010 03:18 PM

I'll let you know what I get, going to sprint in a few mins to get my phone serviced. The screen doesn't register my touches. Along with the liquid building up underneath.

late

fakeguy 03-08-2010 03:19 PM

www.phoneclaim.com

*EDIT

Just checked, the "HTC 6900 is in stock."

latepenguin 03-08-2010 08:00 PM

Yep, I took mine to a sprint repair store and they said if they couldn't fix the issues that they would replace it with another vogue.

horndoctor 03-09-2010 12:30 AM

It all depends on what they have when the replacement request is made. :dontknow:

shrimpsiumai 03-09-2010 03:24 AM

Boo, no tp2 then =(

I guess we'll just keep waiting.

walla 03-09-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1616837)
It all depends on what they have when the replacement request is made. :dontknow:

What's your opinion on Touch Diamond? Are you starting to like it?

horndoctor 03-10-2010 04:44 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by walla
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1616837)

What's your opinion on Touch Diamond? Are you starting to like it?

It's growing on me.:)
I've had some interesting experiences with it so far but overall I think it is an upgrade in many ways. The main issues are the battery life and the issues that may arise from not having a storage card slot. I only had a 4gb card in my vogue so I didn't loose anything there but some will. I really do think that whoever decided not to put a card slot on the diamond should be shot but maybe that's just me! lol! It is a good device but not as rugged as the vogue.:)