PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25529)

rstoyguy 05-05-2008 04:33 PM

Re: How to Customize a Custom Rom: Adding/Removing Programs

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldheat06 (Post 272344)
When I run the PrepIT.bat file it removes the OEM folder, should I manually re-create it and add the OEMs that I want there?

Everytime you run PrepIt.bat, it removes most of the folders in your kitchen directory, including OEM and SYS. PrepIt.bat also will recreate these folders by the time it is done. This assures an accurate 'decompilation'. I keep two additional folders with OEMS. One I have all the PPCKitchen OEM's, and another I keep in a folder dons_oems. (both are outside the kitchen folder) This is where I keep the ones I always add to a rom. This saves time and I'm sure to get all the programs I use. You do have to check the SYS folder to make sure there are no duplicates.

gguruusa 05-05-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 272360)
Everytime you run PrepIt.bat, it removes most of the folders in your kitchen directory, including OEM and SYS. PrepIt.bat also will recreate these folders by the time it is done. This assures an accurate 'decompilation'. I keep two additional folders with OEMS. One I have all the PPCKitchen OEM's, and another I keep in a folder dons_oems. (both are outside the kitchen folder) This is where I keep the ones I always add to a rom. This saves time and I'm sure to get all the programs I use. You do have to check the SYS folder to make sure there are no duplicates.

Learn to use PPCKitchen's buildos, and you won't have to go through so much trouble.

computerjunkie 05-05-2008 06:25 PM

I am trying to customize OMJ's latest ROM to remove some programs. All goes well but when I go to flash, my Vogue gets stuck at the PPCGeeks screen. Any ideas?

rstoyguy 05-05-2008 07:32 PM

Honestly, I haven't flashed his v2 rom. I am planning on re-flashing tomorrow night, I'll do the steps on that one and see what I can come up with. I'm wanting the ol' HTC screen back myself.

computerjunkie 05-05-2008 08:38 PM

I don't mind the Chef screen but I would like to remove some programs that I don't use. It seems everytime i do this (following steps exactly) then reflash with the edited ROM I get stuck at the chef screen and have to reflash with the original OMJ v2 rom (for sprint).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rstoyguy 05-05-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by computerjunkie (Post 272597)
I don't mind the Chef screen but I would like to remove some programs that I don't use. It seems everytime i do this (following steps exactly) then reflash with the edited ROM I get stuck at the chef screen and have to reflash with the original OMJ v2 rom (for sprint).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

It may have something to do with greloc, but I'll have to look into the addresses and all. I'll find an answer somewhere...or you can let me know. It is pool/bar night.... :)

computerjunkie 05-05-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 272598)
It may have something to do with greloc, but I'll have to look into the addresses and all. I'll find an answer somewhere...or you can let me know. It is pool/bar night.... :)

I don't know what greloc is but I'll try and do some research.

batcatman 05-06-2008 11:14 AM

This gotta be a dumb question, but i have never flashed a rom b4 except for teh official sprint releases, but another damn monday has p*****, and i dont have GPS, so i am gonnna give JDs a shot. My question is, the threads title "add/remove programs" are u guys talking about customising a rom, or just teh regular install/uninstall programs in a rom. i thought installing/uninstalling progs. to any rom wud be same as in the official rom, just crarifying??

rstoyguy 05-06-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batcatman (Post 273179)
This gotta be a dumb question, but i have never flashed a rom b4 except for teh official sprint releases, but another damn monday has p*****, and i dont have GPS, so i am gonnna give JDs a shot. My question is, the threads title "add/remove programs" are u guys talking about customising a rom, or just teh regular install/uninstall programs in a rom. i thought installing/uninstalling progs. to any rom wud be same as in the official rom, just crarifying??

Customizing a rom before you flash. Just my little tutorial doesn't appear to be working on some the post-GPS roms, I'll verify that this evening.

batcatman 05-06-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 273191)
Customizing a rom before you flash. Just my little tutorial doesn't appear to be working on some the post-GPS roms, I'll verify that this evening.

So, if i were to install a custom ROM, i wont be able to install any programs like gsplayer, wisbar advance, etc??? i am confused](*,)