PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370)

mwfielder 05-29-2008 02:13 PM

Re: Unlockers for Custom Roms on Vogue 2.31(GPS) and 0.40(nonGPS)

Please pardon me if this has been asked, but I have downloaded the 2.31 unlocker (twice), but it doesn't seem to work properly. It extracts and starts the vogue_unlocker.bat . First thing, it says "UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to the Windows directory". Then some stuff and press any key. So I do, and it gives several lines of info that says " XXXXXX is not recognized as an external or internal command" like sleep4 or cerun.exe, cecopy, etc.... Then it says I should be in 3 color screen showing the soft bootloader, but nothing has happened to my device.

Has anyone seen this, and what I can do to fix it?

My PC is running XP, I am using Active Sync 4.5, and have the Verizon XV6900 (their Touch).

cbus 05-29-2008 05:59 PM

Wow - Ran thru this entire thread and I must be missing something!

I have run the 2.31 unlocker 3 times. Each time I come to the part where I am to disconnect and reconnect - which I do - it gives me error 260.

If I understand correctly, I don't need to be attached to activesync if it says usb at the bottom of screen so I hit exit on the error screen because that is my only option.

I then go to command line and hit the enter button. Goes right to disconnect usb in activesync and then hit enter - which I do - then it says rebooting device.

it reboots with my original rom and when I hit power camera soft reset I get version 0.36.

I have the sprint touch and have the oem rom.

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

mwfielder 05-29-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwfielder (Post 298946)
Please pardon me if this has been asked, but I have downloaded the 2.31 unlocker (twice), but it doesn't seem to work properly. It extracts and starts the vogue_unlocker.bat . First thing, it says "UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to the Windows directory". Then some stuff and press any key. So I do, and it gives several lines of info that says " XXXXXX is not recognized as an external or internal command" like sleep4 or cerun.exe, cecopy, etc.... Then it says I should be in 3 color screen showing the soft bootloader, but nothing has happened to my device.

Has anyone seen this, and what I can do to fix it?

My PC is running XP, I am using Active Sync 4.5, and have the Verizon XV6900 (their Touch).

Problem was my work PC. Don't know why, but I took everything home to my home PC and it ran perfectly.

hawtboi 05-30-2008 12:04 AM

My phone says this:

SPL-0.36.0000
CPLD-3

Does that mean I can't use 2.31 because it has no GPS?

esoteric 06-01-2008 11:52 PM

I'm having the "standby" problem that at least a couple of other people have had...

HTC Vogue on Bell Mobility that I just picked up last week.

Ran the .31 unlocker and it all went extremely smoothly (no lock-up in the bootloader either).

Everything seemed good until it went into standby mode for the first time, I can't get it out of it and have to soft-reset it.

One thing I noticed is that the green light, which is normally blinking quickly, pauses "on" for a second, then goes back to blinking softly.

I know that one person used .41 and it solved that issue, but I want to use GPS. I guess the only thing is, how do I tell if my phone has it or not? I noticed in one of the special phone codes "##xxxx#" options that it had a GPS option.

Anyways, it's incredibly annoying!

Any help would be great, thanks!

falkor 06-02-2008 11:12 AM

Hi,
I followed the instructions to put the Verizon full custom roms.
the upgrade worked. Then did *228 option 1 and 2, then called Verizon rep who got me back on the network.
My problems are: I still get the roaming triangle and the phone says that I am on "preferred network" (and not VerizonWireless as it used to say), also I can't get data connection (Internet, etc.).

Any ideas? should I call Verizon ?

Thanks for all your great work!

hawtboi 06-02-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falkor (Post 302302)
Hi,
I followed the instructions to put the Verizon full custom roms.
the upgrade worked. Then did *228 option 1 and 2, then called Verizon rep who got me back on the network.
My problems are: I still get the roaming triangle and the phone says that I am on "preferred network" (and not VerizonWireless as it used to say), also I can't get data connection (Internet, etc.).

Any ideas? should I call Verizon ?

Thanks for all your great work!

You have to do a master reset. I don't know exactly what it does besides reset the phone to defaults and I don't know how to do it. The tech at the VZW store did all the work to reactivate it and get rid of the triangle.

falkor 06-02-2008 02:23 PM

Thanks for the tip , but I tried again to do a Hard reset (talk& End& reset) after that did *228.
I am still roaming with no data service.

bigpimpin i710 06-02-2008 03:08 PM

Thanks

I hit the thanks button, but just wanted to say thanks man. Unlocker works flawlessly!!!!!!:headbang:

DssTrainer 06-04-2008 11:06 PM

Having similar issues.
I have brand new out of box. It has 2.13.00 Radio. I ran the 0.41 unlocker, I got the 3 color screen... then it says "disconnect and reconnect" So I disconnect.. listen for the "di-dung" from windows when you unplug a usb device. Then wait a few secs, plug it back in. I hear the "da-ding" when a usb device is plugged in. But at this point ActiveSync doesn't reconnect. The BL screen says it should be connected to ActiveSync. But I ignore it and try it anyway. Goes thru and says "Replacing current image: <blank> with this image: 0.41. Then says it might take 10 min... takes about 10 secs and then hard reboots and asks me to do the stylus tapping again.

Now ActiveSync doesn't work at all.. and windows makes the triple "da-da-dung" sound when there is a USB error. I tried a diff PC... installed ActiveSync... got the phone back to step one.. repeated the exact process... same result

Now I'm going to try to uninstall and reinstall ActiveSync.

Also tried doing the powerbutton+camera+resetbutton to check the bl... but it just soft resets.