PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Cook your own Custom Touch ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18745)

denasqu 09-12-2008 01:14 PM

Re: Cook your own Custom Touch ROM

Okay I've read all I can stand for the moment about provxml.

Now I need to know about sdautorun! For starters, how is it implemented and what does it do in OMJ 3.09 Custom? I understand that it can be configured to install CABs from my SD Card on flash/hard-reset.

I'm reading the tutorial again at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366333 but I'm not finding the files config.txt or sdconfig.txt that it mentions. All I find is the autorun.exe and sdautorun.exe.
It would seem to me that ...
#1 autorun.exe is built in and runs stuff in ROM
#2 sdautorun.exe is a 3rd party app designed run stuff on a storage card.

What is confusing the hell out me is that OMJ 3.09 Custom is running SDAUTORUN.EXE after my ROM flash but is not running anything on my storage card. AND, I can't find any SDCONFIG.TXT file anywhere.... so what the hell is it running???

Arggggg.... please guide me through!! ](*,)

EDIT: Is this it?
config_PT.txt contents
CAB: \Windows\BellMediaPlayerWM_signed.CAB
CAB: \Windows\SelfServe_20080711.sa.CAB
XML: \Windows\RemovePrograms.xml
CAB: \Windows\Hidden.CAB
CAB: \Windows\signed_080801_Vogue_BM_2.03.sa.CAB
EXEC:\Windows\PPST.exe
CFG: \Windows\config.txt

denasqu 09-12-2008 01:21 PM

This is a remotely related follow up to my post #202 in this thread.

My first computer was a Commodore 64 and that really taught me to be obsessed with maximizing the use of memory!

My understanding as of now is that any files that I cook into my ROM get copied to \Windows on my device, then copied to their required directories. So, am I actually doubling the flash memory used when I install an app via ROM Update as opposed to installing after the ROM Update?

If so, then I would be much better off to put the CABs for my big apps like Flexmail and PocketInformant on my storage card and install them with SDAUTORUN.EXE would I not?

So, can I just add a SDConfig.txt file to the root of my storage card to install all my CABs? I guess I could just try. C'mon OMJ! RSTOYGUY must have took off early from work to play with his new RS TOYS so it's up to you! LOL

OMJ 09-12-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denasqu (Post 412674)
Okay I've read all I can stand for the moment about provxml.

Now I need to know about sdautorun! For starters, how is it implemented and what does it do in OMJ 3.09 Custom? I understand that it can be configured to install CABs from my SD Card on flash/hard-reset.

I'm reading the tutorial again at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=366333 but I'm not finding the files config.txt or sdconfig.txt that it mentions. All I find is the autorun.exe and sdautorun.exe.
It would seem to me that ...
#1 autorun.exe is built in and runs stuff in ROM
#2 sdautorun.exe is a 3rd party app designed run stuff on a storage card.

What is confusing the hell out me is that OMJ 3.09 Custom is running SDAUTORUN.EXE after my ROM flash but is not running anything on my storage card. AND, I can't find any SDCONFIG.TXT file anywhere.... so what the hell is it running???

Arggggg.... please guide me through!! ](*,)

EDIT: Is this it?
config_PT.txt contents
CAB: \Windows\SelfServe_20080711.sa.CAB
XML: \Windows\RemovePrograms.xml
CAB: \Windows\Hidden.CAB
CAB: \Windows\signed_080801_Vogue_BM_2.03.sa.CAB
EXEC:\Windows\PPST.exe
CFG: \Windows\config.txt

here is the UC OEM I use....

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM.../UCAutorun.rar

you'll see it contains SDAutoRun.exe

to get it to run post flash, I have modified \OEM\OperatorPKG\config_operator.txt to look like this:

Code:

LOCK:Enabled
LOCK:Disabled
EXEC: \Windows\SDAutoRun.exe

Here is what my SDConfig.txt looks like:

Code:

LOCK:Enabled
XML: \Storage Card\omjprovisioning.xml
LOCK:Disabled
RST: Reset

you would only want to include CFG: \Windows\config.txt if you wanted the carrier customization to run. but it looks like you got the right idea....

Quote:

Originally Posted by denasqu (Post 412679)
This is a remotely related follow up to my post #202 in this thread.

My first computer was a Commodore 64 and that really taught me to be obsessed with maximizing the use of memory!

My understanding as of now is that any files that I cook into my ROM get copied to \Windows on my device, then copied to their required directories. So, am I actually doubling the flash memory used when I install an app via ROM Update as opposed to installing after the ROM Update?

If so, then I would be much better off to put the CABs for my big apps like Flexmail and PocketInformant on my storage card and install them with SDAUTORUN.EXE would I not?

So, can I just add a SDConfig.txt file to the root of my storage card to install all my CABs? I guess I could just try. C'mon OMJ! RSTOYGUY must have took off early from work to play with his new RS TOYS so it's up to you! LOL

I don't think the the files are doubled....links are created to point to those \windows files.

but yes, you would add the code like below to install your cabs.

Code:

or

CAB: \Storage Card\BellMediaPlayerWM_signed.CAB

gguruusa 09-12-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins (Post 412961)
I don't think the the files are doubled....links are created to point to those \windows files.

Depends on the package, of course. Packages made by automatic tools frequently result in double resource consumption. Take a look at initflashfiles.txt....if it's moving lot's of files, particularly the big ones, you're probably better off using a .cab instead of that package.

denasqu 09-12-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 413029)
Depends on the package, of course. Packages made by automatic tools frequently result in double resource consumption. Take a look at initflashfiles.txt....if it's moving lot's of files, particularly the big ones, you're probably better off using a .cab instead of that package.

So you CAN move the big files where you want them in the first place then?

I thought it was like a "cooking rule" that all files had to go in to \Windows first.

rstoyguy 09-12-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denasqu (Post 413115)
So you CAN move the big files where you want them in the first place then?

I thought it was like a "cooking rule" that all files had to go in to \Windows first.

I've had no problems doing this, but the more you move, it is going to slow down your initial boot time... That's the only side effect I've had. And you do have it on your device twice, but I've got lots of memory. I don't miss my mogul or apache at all!!!

denasqu 09-21-2008 01:43 PM

Should I be concerned about this when I run prepit.bat?
Processing Input.nbh
Cleaning up prior runs....
The system cannot find the file specified.
.... Done.
Locating Starting .nbh...
.... Done.
I don't get any other errors but my last creation had corrupt nbh so I was wunderin'.

CFay 09-21-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denasqu (Post 426134)
Processing Input.nbh
.... Done.
.... Done.
I don't get any other errors but my last creation had corrupt nbh so I was wunderin'.

No need to worry about that. Tottally normal.

rstoyguy 09-21-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denasqu (Post 426134)
Processing Input.nbh
.... Done.
.... Done.

With a new kitchen install, prepit attempts to delete three directories so you get a fresh decompile of the .nbh. They are ..\OEM, ..\SYS, and ..\ROM. No worries though...

denasqu 09-21-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 426486)
With a new kitchen install, prepit attempts to delete three directories so you get a fresh decompile of the .nbh. They are ..\OEM, ..\SYS, and ..\ROM. No worries though...

Thanks. I think I had that figured out last week but it slipped away from me this week.