PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   mr.jcarter's custom vogue rom v1 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18089)

mr.jcarter 02-09-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtkxhom3r (Post 181832)
ok i used it for like 10 min lol for those 10 min it was running great but i didnt like the fact that i only had 15 mb left of free ram lol... so im gong down to a 24mb page pool

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtkxhom3r (Post 181858)
hey everything works fine except for the t9 on the keypad i try adding new words but they dont save... how can i fix this

How many apps have you installed? I have HTC home customizer and cube config tool and still have 50+ MB free program memory and 150+ MB storage memory.

I'll look into the keyboard thing. I never manually add words so this is new for me.

xtkxhom3r 02-09-2008 05:28 PM

no the reason i had 15 mb left was cus i changed the bitpool to 64... but im back down to 24 now lol

jaytv 02-09-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.jcarter (Post 181876)
I'll look into the keyboard thing. I never manually add words so this is new for me.

Go to: Settings/Personal/Input make sure Touch Keyboard is selected, click Options button, click XT9 options, make sure all boxes are checked, and Voila! should be able to add words by clicking the plus on the word suggestion ribbon...

mr.jcarter 02-09-2008 05:32 PM

Ooh... didn't catch that part lol. Was it noticeably faster at 64 mb pagepool? Just wondering...

xtkxhom3r 02-09-2008 05:35 PM

yea it is pretty fast but nothing like wow

kellybrf 02-09-2008 07:25 PM

really liking this. id love to get haptic feeback for the touch keypad as well

corys00 02-09-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellybrf (Post 181959)
really liking this. id love to get haptic feeback for the touch keypad as well

I agree, been running this Rom and haven't ran into any issues so far. I also would like to see the feedback for the touch keypad as well but I do wonder what kind of side effect there is on the battery life as I am using the keypad A LOT during the day.

mr.jcarter 02-09-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corys00 (Post 182001)
I agree, been running this Rom and haven't ran into any issues so far. I also would like to see the feedback for the touch keypad as well but I do wonder what kind of side effect there is on the battery life as I am using the keypad A LOT during the day.

I've never heard of app that will vibrate on the press of the keyboard, but I have tried one that would vibrate on EVERY touch of the touchscreen. Honestly, I thought it was going to be great but once I figured out that I type faster than my phone can vibrate, it got quite annoying. Not to mention my hand started to feel like it was constantly vibrating despite I didn't have the phone in my hand...

kellybrf 02-09-2008 09:05 PM

if they can do it with the dialer they can do it with the keypad. id like it b.c there are times when the key press animation doesnt always show up when youre typing quickly.

jjday7 02-09-2008 09:10 PM

I did find one problem after toying with this all day. I notice that when you save your favorite people for the home plugin that when you reboot the phone that the names will nolonger be there and you have to keep putting them in manually over and over again. Can this be fixed?