PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Vogue Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Flashing How-To. Updated 5/23/08 to Include Quick GPS/Rev-A How-To (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17473)

RobNyc 03-28-2008 08:24 PM

Re: Flashing How To

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim2561 (Post 233552)
yep thats right.

Thanks about to try some new ROMs and compare them :)

BROOKNAM 03-29-2008 09:34 PM

Hi all, kind of confused about how to do this with vista. Post #54 implied that the exe. File should be used, but i think the 1st post says .nbh, more than likely i'm just messing up. If someone accomplished this using vista please list your step by step istructions on how you did.Thanks.

jim2561 03-29-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKNAM (Post 234611)
Hi all, kind of confused about how to do this with vista. Post #54 implied that the exe. File should be used, but i think the 1st post says .nbh, more than likely i'm just messing up. If someone accomplished this using vista please list your step by step istructions on how you did.Thanks.

in the mean time...i think most ppl using vista are just using the sd flash method using an sd card formatted fat32.

BROOKNAM 03-29-2008 10:56 PM

I have been trying it that way with no success after formatting sd card. if anyone was successful doing it this way please explain how in detail.

dan-htc-touch 03-30-2008 01:26 PM

just a strange side note, flashing from sd worked fine for me untill I upgraded to 4 gig???? it works fine from my 2gig and 1gig, but sees nothing on the 4. If anyone is having problems flashing from sd, maybee try a different card. Not sure what is causing this, but I wonder if it might not be a problem with the bootloader not recognizing sdhc??? anyone know the answer?

dan-htc-touch 03-30-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BROOKNAM (Post 234654)
I have been trying it that way with no success after formatting sd card. if anyone was successful doing it this way please explain how in detail.

it's really as easy as the first post says, and yes use the .nbh, the exe is useless to you. I am pretty sure vista can unpack the archive without winzip or any other ad-on, but don't quote me on this. just right click and extract. rename RUU_SIGNED.NBH to VOGUIMG.NBH (all caps) place on storage card and enter bootloader. If nothing happens, see previous post

PapaDocta 03-31-2008 12:50 PM

what i did with vista is i removed the SD card and run the unlocker and everything went fine and flashed

Peteman100 04-01-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDocta (Post 235960)
what i did with vista is i removed the SD card and run the unlocker and everything went fine and flashed

I also tried removing my SD card and the whole process went without a hitch with Vista.

jim2561 04-02-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaDocta (Post 235960)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peteman100 (Post 236940)
I also tried removing my SD card and the whole process went without a hitch with Vista.

hmm wow thats interesting i thought it was a lot more complicated than that. thanks for the info, will update first post accordingly.

dave3520 04-05-2008 10:14 PM

Having some trouble upgrading the rom through VISTA. I think the unlocker worked (though I had to soft reset immediately to prevent the TELUS customizer from running). I copied the NBH file to my storage card, renamed it VOGUIMG, ran the bootloader. It flashes something about "No Image File" and then goes to the bootloader tricolour screen where nothing happens. My storage card is FAT32.

any thoughts?

Cheers.