PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP Discontinued? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94044)

TechnoBoy 11-01-2009 09:03 PM

TP Discontinued?

I recently dropped my TP and the screen died ](*,) I went to a sprint store to get the screen fixed and they told me that the TP was discontinued. Im confused by that because I thought when Sprint discontinue a phone they take it off of the website like the did the first Instinct.

pimpsuprazx 11-01-2009 10:11 PM

Re: TP Discontinued?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechnoBoy (Post 1288032)
I recently dropped my TP and the screen died ](*,) I went to a sprint store to get the screen fixed and they told me that the TP was discontinued. Im confused by that because I thought when Sprint discontinue a phone they take it off of the website like the did the first Instinct.

It isn't discontinued, sounds like someone was trying to get you into a tp2 or something.

goku48532 11-01-2009 10:25 PM

i went to sprint to get my girlfriend the samsung moment (very nice phone) and i was tellin the lady about my phone have problems (tp) and she told me they discontinued it so they dont have anymore in store and she also said that they would not be getting the tp2 cause of the prolems with the tp

dschoenike 11-01-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goku48532 (Post 1288331)
i went to sprint to get my girlfriend the samsung moment (very nice phone) and i was tellin the lady about my phone have problems (tp) and she told me they discontinued it so they dont have anymore in store and she also said that they would not be getting the tp2 cause of the prolems with the tp

i heard that very same thing at the sprint store, here in milwaukee wi.

Likwid 11-01-2009 10:46 PM

Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

TP1 was the most problematic phone thus costing them a lot of money in repairs and employees' time... the TP1 may not be "discontinued" but don't expect it to be sold... with the profit on the TP2 they'd be silly to sell TP1

duck9191 11-01-2009 11:17 PM

it is kinda odd, the touch pro went to end of life in july and stores where told to take down displays and send stock back, but its still on the site. last month the process for how exchanges are handled for the touch pro was changed because, like a few others mentioned the tp1 had alot of device failures and was costing sprint alot of money and customer satisfaction. so now when you go to exchange your tp1 you should get some options for a replacement depending on stock levels, so why they are selling them is odd to me.

chronster 11-01-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Likwid (Post 1288416)
Wirelessly posted (Touch Pro 2: HTC-P4600/1.2 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

TP1 was the most problematic phone thus costing them a lot of money in repairs and employees' time... the TP1 may not be "discontinued" but don't expect it to be sold... with the profit on the TP2 they'd be silly to sell TP1

Where did you hear it was their most problematic phone? I had a **** ton of problems with the samsung instinct. It's hard to imagine this phone taking that crown.

hvacmike 11-01-2009 11:31 PM

My sprint tp1 died last Tuesday nite. I took it to the sprint store the next morning, they told me they have to order a new phone. I picked up my new tp1 today. The sprint store told me its hard to order the tp2. O well i can upgrade next month.

99accordv6 11-01-2009 11:47 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

they still have new and refurb tp1s

Cyorke 11-01-2009 11:49 PM

When the phones go EOL they seem to be taken out of the store before they are taken offline. I got a Q9c awhile back and could not find one in the store at all, but it was online and the price kept dropping on it.