PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   microsoft tellme app working on touch pro!!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92535)

twe90kid 10-28-2009 09:43 PM

Re: microsoft tellme app working on touch pro!!!!!

anyone know how to get this to work on energyrom?

diveman 10-29-2009 12:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i found this fix for energyrom in the tp2 thread . just install microsoft voicecommand and soft reset.

railslave 10-29-2009 04:57 AM

bump.... has anyone had luck with the full app?

peacock93 10-29-2009 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker (Post 1268826)
So far I am not liking it, or it doesnt like me...about half the time it does not get what I am saying right. I am going to mess with it some more and see what happens.

I have the same problem. It is very, very slow and half of the time when trying to send a text with it I have to try 5 or 6 times to get the wording correct. The call function works well for me but not near as fast as Voice Command.

pea****93

forms 10-29-2009 09:24 AM

This application is okay, but I have to put my zip code into bing, shouldn't the application be able to tell where I am at?

pauljohnson75 10-29-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twe90kid (Post 1273581)
anyone know how to get this to work on energyrom?

Works fine for me I'm running Oct 22 21864 build but I already had voice command installed.

Deltatristar500 10-29-2009 01:18 PM

I had good luck having it text out messages to my friends. Now if there was a way make it autodial from my contacts list when pressing my bluetooth, that would be the icing on the cake. I guess voice command takes care of that scenario.

BBHOLIDAY 10-29-2009 02:40 PM

Tellme seems to be working fine on my TP. But I'm kind of confused. I thought this app would let you speak your text message and transefer it to text to be sent. But so far this just looks like a different version of LIVE Search. Is that all this is?

dschoenike 10-29-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diveman (Post 1274078)
i found this fix for energyrom in the tp2 thread . just install microsoft voicecommand and soft reset.

Ill be darned. It wasnt working for me because the rom im using didnt have voice command installed. All is well now :) thanks much for posting.
dschoenike

wickidninja 10-29-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diveman (Post 1274078)

Who woulda thought that be my easy fix.....hah, thanks. time to go play

dschoenike 10-29-2009 09:59 PM

Installing vc got tellme to load up, but it still wont work for me. first when i launch it, my screen gets all blurry, and if i say something, it never responds. :( i was so hoping it was gonna work.
dschoenike

dschoenike 10-30-2009 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alrighty, installing a different version of voice command (1.6.21725) worked. Whats weird though, is how the screen is all distorted and stretched out. posted a screenshot. i guess since its now working perfectly, i dont really care how it looks. just kinda odd.
dschoenike

BlondHorse 11-01-2009 11:34 PM

TP with stock (updated) ROM from visit to Sprint repair center after GPS vanished. They did HTC ROM update I'd missed and all was well.

Put in .NET CF 3.5 and the full TellMe. I can't pick options, but if I launch and click Speak IT WORKS! Sweet. No need to run a 6.5 cooked ROM now. Thank You, Thank You (already clicked Thanks).:headbang:

mwrood 11-03-2009 08:22 AM

hello all, i can get this installed fine bu the problem ive having is that when i open the tell me application it opens but immediately closes with an error code stating that "microsoft tell me has encountered an error and needs to close"...someone told me that i might need the newest version of microsoft voice command (msvc)...is this true and if so where can i get a copy from...thanks n advance

austerville 11-06-2009 01:22 PM

I just installed this on my touch pro with the Energy ROM and it seems to work, except that it never returns me any results. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

romezarelli 11-11-2009 05:36 AM

I have a touchpro flashed for cricket. It recognizes and refines but then i get a "can't access mobile network" message...help!

SOHKis 11-23-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 1278110)
Alrighty, installing a different version of voice command (1.6.21725) worked. Whats weird though, is how the screen is all distorted and stretched out. posted a screenshot. i guess since its now working perfectly, i dont really care how it looks. just kinda odd.
dschoenike

yeah mine looks just like that also (depending on what was opened before opening tellme, lol)

if you look at the files inside the .cab they appear to have been pulled from a 96dpi 240x320 phone. some of the images look like they were blown up to fit ours, but not every image has been re-sized

celsius0010 12-01-2009 06:45 PM

I coulda sworn the first time I tried this it brought up google maps.. Now it brings up IE6.. Anyway to get the directions to work with google maps and your gps.. Im using the newest indagroove rom...

celsius0010 12-01-2009 07:07 PM

I get accurate gps I would just rather a map program come up like google or live search instead of IE6 its hard to manipulate the browser map

slothluvchunk 01-07-2010 07:12 PM

I've got this running on my Sprint TP witha WinMo 6.5 ROM, with the newer NetCF install.
The problem I'm running into, is that when I click "Speak", the functionality is fine, but the screen formatting gets jumbled up. Because of this change in screen res I can't read the light text of whatever I'm saying or commanding, as the black speech bubble graphic is now much smaller and not acting as a background.
Has anyone else had this formatting / screen resolution issue when clicking speak?

Thanks in advance,
Goonies Never Say Die

kubel 01-18-2010 10:43 PM

Runs on my Touch Pro with MightyRom 6. 95% of the time, I get the error "Didn't go through. Try again" or "Try holding phone closer to your mouth".

The regular MS voice recognition applications seems to work just fine. I'm not sure what the problem is.

funbobnopants 01-21-2010 04:35 AM

WARNING.... I have installed this twice on my Orignal (Dec 08) Sprint HTC Touch Pro running stock 6.1 ROM. Both times it has cause the Programs folder to disappear from Windows. It runs fine but after a soft reset it causes Quick Menu to lose the Program folder under Start. Going to windows in the file explorer clicking start menu the folder programs is also missing. Deleting Quick Menu and reinstalling it does not correct the problem. Only solution is the dreaded hard reset. This has happened twice to me, first time I had no idea which application causes it, but after installing the cab from the first post I lost programs again. Be Careful with Tell Me.

Jamon723 03-11-2010 01:47 PM

Has anyone gotten this to work on a Tilt 2 (at&t's TouchPro2)??? The only way I've been able to send transcribed texts is to do so with the phone connection disabled, while having a WiFi connection. The message won't actually send through the WiFi connection but when I enable the phone connection after, I can go to my texts & see it there with the "was not sent, try again?" notification. Selecting try again get's the job finally done. It's a rather long, tedious process of sending a text message. Probably could have typed it faster. Until this works on at&t's network, it's not really a worthwhile program. Voice command already does most of the same functions. But I would like using the speech to text message while driving(no WiFi signal there though). Any luck, Anyone???

zepsamsung 03-11-2010 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is also a text to speech program called tellme text to speech...
It works great on my Touch Pro.

WanderingMinstrel 03-11-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funbobnopants (Post 1505952)
WARNING.... I have installed this twice on my Orignal (Dec 08) Sprint HTC Touch Pro running stock 6.1 ROM. Both times it has cause the Programs folder to disappear from Windows. It runs fine but after a soft reset it causes Quick Menu to lose the Program folder under Start. Going to windows in the file explorer clicking start menu the folder programs is also missing. Deleting Quick Menu and reinstalling it does not correct the problem. Only solution is the dreaded hard reset. This has happened twice to me, first time I had no idea which application causes it, but after installing the cab from the first post I lost programs again. Be Careful with Tell Me.

Ah ha! That explains it. I'm also running stock rom. I didn't lose the Programs folder on the Quick Menu. It plays just like always when I click Start. But the Prog folder is missing in File Explorer. And has been for some time. Probably since I installed TellMe. It's good to know which app has been causing the glitch.

However... I can call up the Programs folder just fine in Total Commander. And I can also access it on my laptop when I am docked in ActiveSync under Explore. So it's not really a big deal.

1stsaiyan 06-25-2010 03:42 AM

i have a sprint touch pro2 and works just fine

HolyCow21 09-18-2010 06:21 PM

I just found this thread and it's running on my Touch Pro. I've tried many times now and only once has it actually composed a text for me. Every other time it tells me to hold the phone closer to my mouth or something. It's a cool concept, but a little frustrating to try to use. :(

kingduke65 04-28-2011 10:21 PM

Im new to installing cab files to my Touch pro 2, so i don't know if I did the install properly or the program just didn't take. Can somebody explain to me how to properly install the file. thanks.