PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Select Multiple Emails By Dragging? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90379)

DMWagner 10-13-2009 12:48 PM

Select Multiple Emails By Dragging?

Is there anyway to re-enable the ability to select multiple emails by dragging on the Touch Pro with the latest stock ROM?

I sure wish I would have checked better before I upgraded to the latest ROM before I did it.

raidzero 10-13-2009 01:17 PM

Re: Select Multiple Emails By Dragging?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMWagner (Post 1234365)
Is there anyway to re-enable the ability to select multiple emails by dragging on the Touch Pro with the latest stock ROM?

I sure wish I would have checked better before I upgraded to the latest ROM before I did it.

I tell people to just hold down shift and use the arrow keys or dpad to select multiple emails. not sure if you can drag, as that just scrolls.

djheir 10-13-2009 01:36 PM

Not sure if you're aware but if you go Menu > Select Message > Several, you can then click on as many emails/texts as you need to (ala holding down control on your pc) and then delete. It's not the same as drag but I've gotten used to it and it works just as well (plus it gives you the added option to skip certain emails and select others).

Hope that helps!

JAVIERBOND007 10-13-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djheir (Post 1234556)
Not sure if you're aware but if you go Menu > Select Message > Several, you can then click on as many emails/texts as you need to (ala holding down control on your pc) and then delete. It's not the same as drag but I've gotten used to it and it works just as well (plus it gives you the added option to skip certain emails and select others).

Hope that helps!

I personally like this way better, like you said you can skip email and select just the ones you want....:headbang:

sanjsrik 10-13-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djheir (Post 1234556)

Hope that helps!

I disagree that this is a "better" way to work. Specifically because of this non-usability I switched to flexmail.

What was done with a SINGLE touch before is now three steps. AND, I have to decide, "all the messages below this one, above?" I don't want to have to do all that. This is nonsense. They "fixed" something that wasn't broken.

djheir 10-13-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjsrik (Post 1235042)
I disagree that this is a "better" way to work. Specifically because of this non-usability I switched to flexmail.

What was done with a SINGLE touch before is now three steps. AND, I have to decide, "all the messages below this one, above?" I don't want to have to do all that. This is nonsense. They "fixed" something that wasn't broken.

Hmm. Good point but my thing was, how do you implement click/drag with scrolling enabled? I know back on my 6700 I could click drag all I wanted but there was also no scrolling with the screen (unless I'm remembering wrong).

DMWagner 10-20-2009 04:37 PM

Well good news and bad news. My Touch Pro's keyboard stopped working today. The good news is I was given a brand new Touch Pro by Alltel to replace it and it has the old original ROM.

I am back to the being able to drag and select my emails. :D

...along with being able to lock my screen by holding down the end button again.

jason86423 11-09-2009 09:19 PM

Has anyone come up with anything on this.. this is absolutely terrible. There has to be an option or registry change to allow click and drag for multiple text, email and file selection like the old rom

DMWagner 11-09-2009 09:35 PM

What I ended up doing was installing the safe inbox extender, it has the option to mark all as read.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...46&postcount=5

Make sure to use the safe one!

nomad_delta 11-09-2009 09:41 PM

I'm fairly certain this is something Microsoft changed in all newer builds of Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5 in favor of touch-scrolling. It's not really something that can be changed in the ROM since it's part of the OS.

If you want click-drag to select multiple rather than scroll, you're going to have to revert to a ROM using a much older build of Windows Mobile. Like same build as the original Sprint stock ROM old.

--nomad_delta