PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Visual Voicmail.....is it possible??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90341)

Y ITZ 3 10-13-2009 10:15 AM

Visual Voicmail.....is it possible???

With the new ROM Update that sprint put out for the Touch Pro, does anyone know if they made visual voicmail available also, or are we still SOL.

relisted 10-13-2009 10:24 AM

Re: Visual Voicmail.....is it possible???

what do you mean by visual?
because they would have to be on camera..
or do you mean a setup as if they are txt messages?

cmajewsk 10-13-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relisted (Post 1234011)
what do you mean by visual?
because they would have to be on camera..
or do you mean a setup as if they are txt messages?

Visual voice mail usually means you can see your voice mail inbox of who called and left you voice messages. And from there you can choose which ones you want to listen to.

abrigham 10-13-2009 11:38 AM

From what I understand, Sprint is not offering Visual Voicemail on any WinMo smartphones. Basically, in order to get it, you'd need a 3rd party service/software. At one point, there was a thread floating around here that gave step by step instructions for setting up VVM using a particular service. It involved contacting Sprint and changing the Call-Forward No Answer setting on your line. Some where successful in doing so, but after a while, Sprint no longer allowed their agents to make those changes, so it no longer worked.

Now, the only way I know of to get visual voicemail on a WinMo phone is w/ Google Voice (that, of course, requires giving everyone your GV number instead of your cell #, though, so still not a perfect solution).

jasonsf 10-13-2009 11:39 AM

Sprint appears to have enabled this functionality on the network since the Android phones claim to have it. I don't know anything about how they implemented it but it would seem like there must be some way to access it. All we would need is the API to the voicemail system.

Jason

gorelow 10-13-2009 11:59 AM

visual voice mail is easy to get but you have to be willing to pay the 20 cent forwarding charge for every call. i call sprint every 2 months and threaten to leave if they dont offer free call forwarding like EVERY OTHER carrier in america but they wont budge. too bad. so many cool things we could put on this phone if we had it. callwave etc.

JAVIERBOND007 10-13-2009 02:48 PM

With google voice i can see who call and left a message and i can see via text what the person said. And i get it right on my phone.

Da Uniq 1 10-13-2009 03:12 PM

There are 2 forms of visual voicemail that I know of.

The 1st has been mentioned. Sprint offers it on phones like the Instinct.

This version brings up several wav files that you can simply click on and listen to which voice msg you want to hear. It displays callee info and date and time as well.

The other version is offered by Altel.

It simply translates the VM that is left by the caller into text msgs and is sent right to the handset and you simply read the msg!

My friend who works for altel said that before they offered VVM, the tech's cam in and did an upgrade on their networks that took all of about 3 days to complete. then they rolled out their VVM services and packages.

I don't know why sprind won't simply do this.

Altel even offers it as add on packages to any plan you already have! They offer packages for it just like one offers different text/picturemail packages!

Get with the times Sprint!