PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   The old TP is being reassigned. Which OS to use? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90104)

mdphoenix 10-11-2009 10:52 PM

The old TP is being reassigned. Which OS to use?

Now that I have my TP2, and Tom Tom 6 doesn't work for squat on it, I'm going to reactivate it on my TP strictly for GPS. So the question is - is 6.5 faster than 6.1? Is it any less of a hog? We're talking just bare OS here. I'm loading nothing else on the phone but Tom Tom. So I'm going to cook a ROM with only the essentials, and bump up the PagePool, then load TTN6.

So, 6.1 or 6.5?

raidzero 10-11-2009 11:22 PM

Re: The old TP is being reassigned. Which OS to use?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdphoenix (Post 1230836)
Now that I have my TP2, and Tom Tom 6 doesn't work for squat on it, I'm going to reactivate it on my TP strictly for GPS. So the question is - is 6.5 faster than 6.1? Is it any less of a hog? We're talking just bare OS here. I'm loading nothing else on the phone but Tom Tom. So I'm going to cook a ROM with only the essentials, and bump up the PagePool, then load TTN6.

So, 6.1 or 6.5?

IMO either one would be fine. I think just cook the SYS and XIP and add the tomtom exe to startup. personally I'd use 6.5 but that's only because I don't know much about 6.1..

strra 10-12-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdphoenix (Post 1230836)
...Tom Tom 6 doesn't work for squat on it...

what's wrong with tomtom on tp2?

Asphyx 10-12-2009 10:51 AM

Just put garminxt on the TP2 instead...It's better and why carry two phones around just to have GPS?

mdphoenix 10-12-2009 11:01 AM

TTN6 apparently doesn't support 800x480. So I need to use WGAFix to use it. Then, the GPS has horrible lag (which I understand may be just a problem with the TP2 and a flash might fix).

The TP won't be carried around. I'm just going to leave it on a windshield mount in the car for GPS use. Once nav is straight on the TP2, I'll give the TP to my wife for her to use as GPS in her car.

strra 10-12-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdphoenix (Post 1231632)
TTN6 apparently doesn't support 800x480. So I need to use WGAFix to use it. Then, the GPS has horrible lag (which I understand may be just a problem with the TP2 and a flash might fix).

The TP won't be carried around. I'm just going to leave it on a windshield mount in the car for GPS use. Once nav is straight on the TP2, I'll give the TP to my wife for her to use as GPS in her car.

i have tt7... do you know if that works? (i'm supposed to be getting a tp2 on thursday and tomtom wasn't cheap to just stop using)

mdphoenix 10-12-2009 07:55 PM

I'm pretty sure it does. I spoke with Tomtom about my problem and they said TTN7 should be coming out for the US market soon. Everyone whom I've read stating that TTN works on their TP2 has version 7.

Wait, you have TTN7 and you're in Michigan?

schollianmj 10-13-2009 03:21 PM

Ive had TTN7 on my tp for a few months. been working great for me. DC Metro areaa...

mdphoenix 10-13-2009 04:16 PM

Well, where the hell are you guys getting it? Tom Tom's site doesn't have it for sale in the US.

strra 10-13-2009 11:12 PM

i bought it on ebay a long time ago.... you should check there