PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New radio killing your battery? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89752)

tmacovec 10-09-2009 05:26 PM

New radio killing your battery?

I upgraded my radio to the latest I assume, 1.12.34F, and been experiencing terrible battery life. The 1.11.00F R (ported from Diamond) seems to be much less power consuming compared to the 1.11.0F. I have all of the same battery hacks, tweaks, used different rom's with the same result. I am missing something? In the meantime I am going back to the 1.11.00 and let me know if there is a trick to get the newest radio to be not so battery hunger. Thanks!

djstone86 10-09-2009 05:46 PM

Re: New radio killing your battery?

i had the same problem. I switched back to Telus 1.04.... Im in brooklyn new york btw. It seems to work the best for me better than the diamond as well.

abrigham 10-09-2009 05:50 PM

How is your signal strength when using one radio versus the other? Your signal strength can cause a wide variation in battery life. The lower the signal, the harder the radio has to work to find a tower, and therefore more power consumption. I've been on the 1.12.34F radio since it first showed up here (and now its the radio included w/ the official Sprint ROM update) and haven't had any issues w/ it. I'm in the Austin, TX area. Now, when I did notice some difference (for the worse, in fact) was when I updated my PRI (note: not PRL), my signal strength dropped from 2-3 bars indoors (at work and home) to 0-2 indoors... still have full strength outside. Been meaning to downgrade it to what it was before to see if my signal strength goes back to what it was, just haven't got around to it.

shaggylive 10-09-2009 05:55 PM

was this with the latest PRL and PRI

tmacovec 10-09-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1226082)
was this with the latest PRL and PRI

Yes, it updated it when I flashed the latest Sprint OEM rom.

JAVIERBOND007 10-09-2009 11:49 PM

Never had that issue on mine, ive use all of those radios, (mightyrom6 btw).

dallas contractor 10-10-2009 09:00 PM

Mine went down hill. No phone calls, no email checking, or text and after 2 hours battery 13%. I had 40% signal. Went to other radio and all is fine.

tmacovec 10-11-2009 08:41 AM

Yeah since I flashed back to 1.11.00 radio battery life has gonna back to 25% left after a day of heavy usage, streaming music, soft resets, etc.

What about using radios from different carriers? I have read about plenty of people doing it but I dont wanna mess up my communication/info/data with Sprint if you know what I mean?

Anyone care to point me to a thread, or expand on why I could use a for example Telus radio instead? Thanks!

ruthlessbeatle 10-12-2009 02:37 AM

is there a new one for verizon in the past few days iv noticed iv dropped many calls

tahlsr 10-12-2009 12:52 PM

Just to chime in here. I also have had terrible battery life after upgrading to the new official Sprint ROM (which updated my radio and PRI/PRL???). Since then I've switched to another ROM again and will now try another radio.