PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

@Shohan, I had the Snap for a short time and liked it quite a bit. Very fast, loud and clear speaker, and great battery life..just WM Standard and obviously no touch screen..Personally I'd still go for the Touch Pro, lol. I like to tweak and flash roms and your other options greatly limit this.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 11-18-2009, 12:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint- SERO 1250

knexx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
my TP has ALWAYS had 2 shift keys and the CTRL key... Sprint Touch Pro.... might be different for other carriers

Had my keyboard replaced on my Touch Pro recently and it was replaced with that "new" keyboard. Before it didnt have those extra buttons, I got my phone back in March.

Last edited by knexx; 11-18-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: typo.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

pnptech is a n00b

Call Sprint CS yesterday about problems with TP, rep says it qualifies for tp2 replacement would that be ok, hello...... it on its way
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnptech View Post
Call Sprint CS yesterday about problems with TP, rep says it qualifies for tp2 replacement would that be ok, hello...... it on its way
Which number did you call?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowglyder is just getting started

This is getting ridiculous!

I got my 4th replacement yesterday and I'm on the phone with Advanced tech support because data doesn't work on my phone at all. To troubleshoot, he deleted data provisioning on my plan, and now can't get it back on. I'm sick of this.

I took a screenshot of my $30 SERO plan while they were messing with it. Good thing too, I just checked it and my plan is now a $39.99, 200 min., no text, no data... Says the system won't let him get the same data back on.... maybe because that SERO plan doesn't exist!
Old 11-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

My brother went into a store and got a "phone is bad" and offered phone but the TP2...he complained and they told him they could not order one....(About 2 weeks ago) Now he called CS at sprint and a manager ordered one for him, and told him to tell her that he would leave sprint if she didn't order him a TP2...

Will be shipped to his house tomorrow.! KEEP TRYING!

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|
Old 11-18-2009, 03:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO

Squirrelxss is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Squirrelxss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelxss View Post
Well i dropped my phone 2 weeks ago at FLorida/Georgia weekend ( i was at work) and since then my phone hasnt been getting Delayed txt messages, and not recieving most of my calls at all. The only way i know i missed a call is ill get the tone for a voice message. walked in repair center, the girl there didnt even LOOK at my phone, she just handed me a card with assurions info on it. thats sad, chick could have at least looked at it.
Well after hours of waiting on the phone with Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support guys, After both sending me test calls/txt messages that were never recieved by my phone. After some Technical support rep at sprint said that he would reset my data/voice on my phone and it should only take 2 hours. NEVER Called me back after 4 hours, i had to call them back and evidently they had a shift change, so no one knew what the hell i was talking about. They agrreed to send me out ANOTHER TP. I swear if i have any issues with this one, i will never renew my contract with sprint, and im a 6+ year customer.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgj View Post
My brother went into a store and got a "phone is bad" and offered phone but the TP2...he complained and they told him they could not order one....(About 2 weeks ago) Now he called CS at sprint and a manager ordered one for him, and told him to tell her that he would leave sprint if she didn't order him a TP2...

Will be shipped to his house tomorrow.! KEEP TRYING!
I had a similar problem earlier today and called CS. They told me the same thing that they've been telling me all along - that they can only replace my phone with the one that I have - if I want a different phone I need to go to the store. The best that they could do was create a ticket for the store that indicated that I qualify for an exchange for phones on the WEL list. Of course when I called the store the manager said that the TP2 is NOT on the WEL list and I could have any other phone (the usual list), which I declined.
At this point I'm just hoping that the one store that's prepared to help me will eventually get their TP2 in stock and hopefully I can get one from their stock.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started

I'm through with not being helped. I'm going to have them get me another Pre replacement, TOL my SERO plan, sell the Pre and be done with them. It'd be different if they were willing to meet a customer halfway, instead you just get the run around and different stories from different people who never agree.

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO

Squirrelxss is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Squirrelxss

I agree, ive never had to reps on the phone that agreed on the same thing, if you call for a problem, you have to explain the problem to 5 different ppl!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro