PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   here goes nothing :) H3LP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89026)

bam3221 10-06-2009 03:58 AM

here goes nothing :) H3LP

so i bought a htc touch pro and it def impresses me more then my girlfriend sometimes :) jk but heres the problems

first and most important: i have no data connection/ the username and password somehow got erased while changing roms on it. i have cricket as my carrier and i remember it being there when i could recieve/ send amazing pictures of everything. the user name was myphonenumber@mycricket.com but no clue what the password was. now i dont expect u guys to know this but im looking for help where to go to find this info. i stopped into the cricket store and the guy looked at me stupid when i explained it to him and asked him for the info. then tried to start pushing random buttons on my phone so i stopped him and walked out.

next i had pim contact backup on my phone but the rom im using now doesnt have it or i cant find it so i lost my contacts again. can i just put it on the phone?

lastly i wanna learn more about all the things possible with this gangsta phone but im having trouble looking threw this forum and actually learning something. any other good websites or informational sites????

thanks you all :)
Bam

jpwhre 10-06-2009 04:47 AM

Re: here goes nothing :) H3LP

Relax. Cricket is not trained for this.

Password
cricket

Just like that, no caps.

Domain, leave blank.

You need an sd card, I assume you have one with PIM backed up. rar.ppc_arm.cab will save you if you donwload a rom that doesn't have rar (unlikely, but good to have) Save to a file folder you created as cabs (save all cabs here). Then install to sd card, not device. Find rar in programs or start menu and open. it will ask to accociate with, make sure rar and zip are checked and press ok.

If in your sd card you have a folder called program files (create one if not) take the PIM backup rar and extract there. Then find it in file explorer. If you flashed a new rom, you will have no data,mms. Don't freak out. forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87812 will give you full working on cricket, but not ez. forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81027 is ez, but you get no speaker icon, and battery show 100% even when dead.

TheBundo 10-06-2009 05:20 AM

I've seen your girlfriend, and I understand why the TP2 impresses you more than she does :)

bam3221 10-06-2009 04:16 PM

thank you i figured it out n now it seems to letting me go on the interest and what not but the pic messaging still isnt. the actual menu botton isnt even lite up now. help please!!! also is there a setting that turns off the slide out keyboard cause sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. also alot of lagggggggg

bam3221 10-06-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1216881)
I've seen your girlfriend, and I understand why the TP2 impresses you more than she does :)

ha ha funny guy well i let her know what u said so i would think twice before walking alone

getinked5 10-06-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bam3221 (Post 1217913)
thank you i figured it out n now it seems to letting me go on the interest and what not but the pic messaging still isnt. the actual menu botton isnt even lite up now. help please!!! also is there a setting that turns off the slide out keyboard cause sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. also alot of lagggggggg

what ROM are you using.

jpwhre 10-07-2009 01:29 AM

We can only do so much. I have found any rom you chose, there will be lag on something. If your keyboard isn't working some times, it could be a bad flash on the rom, or a bad phone. I posted links that get it fully working, but you could be missing something. Have you checked start, connections, connections, and make sure that it is set to cricket? Click advanced and see if both settings are for cricket. In text main, press menu, if there is no pic/mms options setting, you won't get it either. Do you have a reg editor? Do you know the msl to the phone when dialing ##778# if it is not 000000? I could ask more, but it would take a lot to get all the answers.

Do a search with cricket as the keyword.

bam3221 10-07-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getinked5 (Post 1218278)
what ROM are you using.

right now the new mighty rom 6 but i change it like everyday trying to find one that works better cause im a noob n i cant do anything besides just try them. ive also found that roms that use just the stock windows text messaging program instead of both that one n the cool fanisy one the keyboard works fine but laggs n wont type if the rom has both of them.

bam3221 10-07-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpwhre (Post 1219198)
We can only do so much. I have found any rom you chose, there will be lag on something. If your keyboard isn't working some times, it could be a bad flash on the rom, or a bad phone. I posted links that get it fully working, but you could be missing something. Have you checked start, connections, connections, and make sure that it is set to cricket? Click advanced and see if both settings are for cricket. In text main, press menu, if there is no pic/mms options setting, you won't get it either. Do you have a reg editor? Do you know the msl to the phone when dialing ##778# if it is not 000000? I could ask more, but it would take a lot to get all the answers.

Do a search with cricket as the keyword.

thanks for the help. i havent looked at those links yet so i will try that next and then get back to you but thanks for the help so far ill keep working on it and trying to figure everything out.