PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Magicall breaks data connection (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87573)

quadjacks 09-27-2009 08:01 PM

Magicall breaks data connection

I use Magicall to filter unwanted callers. When a call is filtered, it also breaks my data connection. Is there a way to stop losing my data connection during this millisecond event? Thanks in Advance!

JAVIERBOND007 09-27-2009 11:57 PM

Re: Magicall breaks data connection

Is it doing that since you installed magicall or just started doing it.?

quadjacks 09-28-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 (Post 1198624)
Is it doing that since you installed magicall or just started doing it.?

calls have always broken it, but i thought since magicall was immediately picking up and droping the call, didn't' see why it had to break the data connection.

Unknown Zone 09-28-2009 12:04 AM

well i am looking at it this way...since cdma cannot do both....when a call comes in it would have to disconnect from data to handle the magicall filter even for a split second.

quadjacks 09-28-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 1198637)
well i am looking at it this way...since cdma cannot do both....when a call comes in it would have to disconnect from data to handle the magicall filter even for a split second.

Yeah i agree, thought maybe there was a work around!

Unknown Zone 09-28-2009 12:27 AM

I also run magicall..lol...but if you are doing some serious www or d/l a big file...and you dont want to be disconnect by a call coming in at the worst time, you can always go "EVDO ONLY" till you are finish, since calls/texts are "1X".

Thats if of course you are in a "EVDO" area. 8)

quadjacks 09-28-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 1198671)
I also run magicall..lol...but if you are doing some serious www or d/l a big file...and you dont want to be disconnect by a call coming in at the worst time, you can always go "EVDO ONLY" till you are finish, since calls/texts are "1X".

Now my brother, you are cooking with crisco..... Thank you, i never thought of that!!!! Will try and give feedback!!!!!

dallas contractor 09-28-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 1198671)

Does not a call over ride a EV connection and make it go to 1x?

quadjacks 09-28-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallas contractor (Post 1200003)
Does not a call over ride a EV connection and make it go to 1x?

I have found 3 options in my phone app. Hybrid, 1X, EVDO, if that where the case, I see no need of having these as choosing one or the other would be a waste of time.

Unknown Zone 09-28-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadjacks (Post 1200013)
I have found 3 options in my phone app. Hybrid, 1X, EVDO, if that where the case, I see no need of having these as choosing one or the other would be a waste of time.

Quad at least you know where to go incase you need to force EV.
When you force "EVDO", you will bypass any "1x" calls/texts from coming through, since the phone will be only in the "EVDO" Mode.

Dallas....as stated once forced...1x is bypassed, there is no 1x overriding Ev.