PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Pro running like crap suddenly. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85968)

jorgecuatro 09-19-2009 04:12 PM

Pro running like crap suddenly.

I have a few issues. my pro suddenly started running slow and giving me grief. Windows will load slow. text input is delayed. Keyboard also fails to work after a few minutes from reboot. i find myself pulling battery to restart is way too many times in day. no programs running in background it does the same. I deleted all messages,texts,pictures off phone and still works like crap.

any help??

razorloves 09-19-2009 04:40 PM

Re: Pro running like crap suddenly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgecuatro (Post 1179194)
I have a few issues. my pro suddenly started running slow and giving me grief. Windows will load slow. text input is delayed. Keyboard also fails to work after a few minutes from reboot. i find myself pulling battery to restart is way too many times in day. no programs running in background it does the same. I deleted all messages,texts,pictures off phone and still works like crap.

any help??

what rom are you using?
why are you pulling the battery, instead of just hitting the soft reset on the bottom?
have you tried doing a hard reset?

pimpsuprazx 09-19-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgecuatro (Post 1179194)

any help??

what rom are you using?

JAVIERBOND007 09-19-2009 04:45 PM

Back up and hard reset, see if still acting up on you.

zeurx 09-19-2009 06:32 PM

Something that i notice is when im on the fringes of evdo then my phone locks up all the time... :(

jorgecuatro 09-19-2009 10:57 PM

5.2.19965 build 19965.1.2.3

idk how to back up and do hard reset

idk how to do a soft reset either.

i had the regular original touch and this one seems to be all to similar.

JAVIERBOND007 09-19-2009 11:07 PM

To hard reset dial ##786# then the EPST menu comes on, click menu>>reset, after that you will require to enter your 6 digit msl number (that you can get from sprint).
To soft reset just press (with your stylus) the little button in the bottom of the device next to where you plug in the charger.

razorloves 09-19-2009 11:10 PM

to do a hard reset you can just click on Start-Settings-Sytem-Clear Storage

Since doing a hard reset erases everything, You can backup your contacts and stuff, with this or this

jorgecuatro 09-19-2009 11:32 PM

for some reason i cannot sync with windows mobile. i believe possibly cause my outlook was a trail version and its no longer legit? i have added contacts since last sync so i would be loosing them.

what really bothers me is the lack of the damn keyboard working.

razorloves 09-19-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgecuatro (Post 1179958)
for some reason i cannot sync with windows mobile. i believe possibly cause my outlook was a trail version and its no longer legit? i have added contacts since last sync so i would be loosing them.

what really bothers me is the lack of the damn keyboard working.

unfortunately, it is a well know problem for the keyboard to crap out on the touch pro. If you do the hard reset, and it still don't work right, then you just have to get a free warranty replacement from sprint

jorgecuatro 09-20-2009 12:07 AM

they will do a free warranty replacement??

i am almost tempted to go to a blackberry.

razorloves 09-20-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgecuatro (Post 1180027)
they will do a free warranty replacement??

i am almost tempted to go to a blackberry.

sprint sells this phone with a 1 year warranty. any manufacturer problems, they replace.
if you're within 30 days(or maybe 15, cant remember) of purchase, you can return phone and get a different one.

jorgecuatro 09-20-2009 12:35 AM

how would i go about doing the warranty claim? through authorizedsprint location?

razorloves 09-20-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgecuatro (Post 1180066)
how would i go about doing the warranty claim? through authorizedsprint location?

that, or call them

pimpsuprazx 09-20-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1179994)
unfortunately, it is a well know problem for the keyboard to crap out on the touch pro. If you do the hard reset, and it still don't work right, then you just have to get a free warranty replacement from sprint

true, if they do not have the warranty anymore fixing it yourself is very easy to do as well, although it voids the manufacturer warranty.

Erythros 09-20-2009 09:44 PM

Get a GMAIL account and then you can sync all of your contacts and appointments with gmail.
Then do your Hard reset.

Google's instructions for their syncronization are very good.