PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Gmail worked fine, but now will only download headers? help please? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84898)

shopsmithy 09-15-2009 11:23 AM

Gmail worked fine, but now will only download headers? help please?

My apologies, as a brand new forum member, if this has been asked and answered other places. I did a search, but may have missed it, if it is already posted.

my Touch Pro has worked great with my gmail accounts. But last night, on my main gmail account, the phone started only downloading the headers of emails, then hanging for a while, before reporting an error message about my email not be able to connect to the email server. I've tried soft reset, removing the battery, and also deleting and then recreating the gmail account on the phone. Still, only headers. My other gmail account on the phone works fine. I confess i'm not too smart about the inner working of the phone, and am stumped by this one. I'd be very grateful for any help!

hal

jnuts5423 09-15-2009 12:15 PM

Re: Gmail worked fine, but now will only download headers? help please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shopsmithy (Post 1167083)
My apologies, as a brand new forum member, if this has been asked and answered other places. I did a search, but may have missed it, if it is already posted.

my Touch Pro has worked great with my gmail accounts. But last night, on my main gmail account, the phone started only downloading the headers of emails, then hanging for a while, before reporting an error message about my email not be able to connect to the email server. I've tried soft reset, removing the battery, and also deleting and then recreating the gmail account on the phone. Still, only headers. My other gmail account on the phone works fine. I confess i'm not too smart about the inner working of the phone, and am stumped by this one. I'd be very grateful for any help!

hal

Sounds like your on a 6.5 rom, and doing the settup through the manilla page. It doesnt give you the options the regular settup gives you. Go to the message option inprograms, and go to the main screen which shows all your mail accounts. hit option, and highlite your gmail acount, and set it up from there. the headers options is the last option under download size settings.

shopsmithy 09-15-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnuts5423 (Post 1167250)
Sounds like your on a 6.5 rom, and doing the settup through the manilla page. It doesnt give you the options the regular settup gives you. Go to the message option inprograms, and go to the main screen which shows all your mail accounts. hit option, and highlite your gmail acount, and set it up from there. the headers options is the last option under download size settings.

hm... tried that, same error. I do thank you for the help. This is an account that has long worked just fine. i didn't change any settings, it just suddenly stopped downloading the message. it downloads folders, then switches to headers for several minutes, before the error message "cannon connect to the incoming mail server..." though it has often, and the other gmail account on my phone continues to do so without problem.

I'd be very grateful for any thoughts, this is very frustrating.

DiamynzNPearlz 09-15-2009 03:26 PM

I would probably just deleted the account on the phone, then re-add it. Just start fresh.

shopsmithy 09-15-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamynzNPearlz (Post 1167702)
I would probably just deleted the account on the phone, then re-add it. Just start fresh.

i've actually done that twice, deleted and redone. It syncs with gmail then fails to download anything but the headers. A google search suggests i'm not the first person with this problem, but I've not found a solution yet.