PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Rant about sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83610)

okiedokieiguess 09-09-2009 05:34 PM

Rant about sprint

I have the touch pro and my first ones keyboard died
so they ordered me a refurb, it came with a broken housing on the battery so it wouldnt stay in so i couldnt use that phone, then they order me another refurb for that and the radio on it died after 2 days and i could no longer make calls, so i get another refurb and now the keyboard on it just died.
so thats 4 phones now in 3 months.
i tried asking for a new phone instead of a refurb this time so i dont get another peice of crap that is going to die and they told me they couldnt because ive gotten too many refurbs!!!!!!:banghead:
so because they keep sending me crappy phones that break, they wont give me one that works!
that is just the most ridiculous answer ever!

glittler 09-09-2009 05:53 PM

Re: Rant about sprint

That sucks, I think I must have gotten incredibly lucky, When my new TP died the Refurb TP that they sent me was even better than my new one.

okiedokieiguess 09-09-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glittler (Post 1152063)
That sucks, I think I must have gotten incredibly lucky, When my new TP died the Refurb TP that they sent me was even better than my new one.

i envy your luck :(
i was hoping since i had such **** luck that they would upgrade me to a touch pro 2 or something haha
that would have been nice :mrgreen:

Dr.8820 09-09-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okiedokieiguess (Post 1152069)
i envy your luck :(
i was hoping since i had such **** luck that they would upgrade me to a touch pro 2 or something haha
that would have been nice :mrgreen:

i'm sure sprint thought that too!

pyro254750 09-09-2009 07:02 PM

You are absolutely right, damn sprint for manufacturing such a POS phone. They will be out of business before long because they have such crappy products......

Oh wait, thats right, sprint doesnt manufacture the phone, htc does, and they are one of the most popular smartphone manufacturers in the world. On the subject of recieving a new phone instead of a refurb, you should read the tep terms and conditions. Im sure it will outline in there whether or not their policy consists of giving you a new phone if you ***** enough. As far as upgrading to the TP2, im sure you wouldnt ***** about that at all would you.... no, you would take it and be all happy. Little do you know, that when people get upgraded to more expensive new devices, somebody is paying for that device, because sprint definately doesnt get them for free. In the end, you, me, and everyone else pay for people getting upgraded to newer phones for free. money has to come from somewhere.

You are getting a device replaced for free based on a failure that could possibly be your own fault. Shutup and be happy that they are willing to replace it.

WorldWide 09-09-2009 07:17 PM

Tensions are high in TP1/2 threads!

Dr.8820 09-09-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worldwide (Post 1152272)
Tensions are high in TP1/2 threads!

lmao!!

dschoenike 09-09-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro254750 (Post 1152226)

You are getting a device replaced for free based on a failure that could possibly be your own fault. Shutup and be happy that they are willing to replace it.

I think that was kinda harsh there pyro. With all the threads ive seen in the past where people are openly asking how to brick their phones in order to get an upgrade, okies concern about getting a decent working device is legit imo. Ive been lucky enough to be on my original touch pro, but if i was in his shoes, getting a bad refurb after bad refurb, id be unhappy also. Some people have paid full price for these phones, and its a fair request to want a 100% fully functional device. I do agree with you though, if someone is damaging their phones with poor judgement, them getting phone after phone doesnt help any of us.
dschoenike

j-man22 09-09-2009 10:24 PM

Very well stated :)

pyro254750 09-09-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 1152685)
I think that was kinda harsh there pyro. With all the threads ive seen in the past where people are openly asking how to brick their phones in order to get an upgrade, okies concern about getting a decent working device is legit imo. Ive been lucky enough to be on my original touch pro, but if i was in his shoes, getting a bad refurb after bad refurb, id be unhappy also. Some people have paid full price for these phones, and its a fair request to want a 100% fully functional device. I do agree with you though, if someone is damaging their phones with poor judgement, them getting phone after phone doesnt help any of us.
dschoenike

heres what i base my comments on.

1. I know several people with these phones, and have seen countless stories about them online. Everyone i know who takes care of their phone, is on original tp, or (in my case) is on number two because they damaged it (i dropped mine in a bucket of water).

2. These phones are basically computers with solid state storage. Anyone who carries one without a shock absorbing case deserves a broken phone, because it is simply asking for trouble.

3. the way 90% of people treat their cell phones, its probably safe to say that majority of failed touch pros are from abuse, even if sprint doesnt consider it abuse when its replaced (with the exception of the keyboard ribbon issue, which, for the record, is a very easy fix that does not require insurance replacement).

Take care of it, and it will last. There will always be lemons, but not as many as people make it out to be. The only area i can see so far where people have a right to be upset (in most cases) is refurb QC, however, as i said above, there will always be lemons, so its understandable to an extent.