PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Noob questions on VNC, logmein (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82642)

jagojago 09-04-2009 06:49 PM

Noob questions on VNC, logmein

Hey everybody, great site you have here. I'll be around for a while!

I just got my first HTC Touch Pro (Sprint) and love it. I have since unlocked it and installed EnergyROM and things are working great. I have a couple questions though, please forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

I want to be able to connect to my home server through VNC (I already connect to it via my laptop with VNC) but I can't get it to work. I downloaded the VNC mobile exe file and put it on the mem card, and I can go to the file manager and double click which will start it, but after I enter the ip address of the server and the password I always get an error, something about authentication. Is there something else I have to do? Also, is it possible to have this program as an icon in my programs screen? I tried to add it but it is not in the list.

Second question is about logmein, I went to their website from the phone, they detected I was on a mobile phone and told me to download their application which I did, and seemed to install fine. But how do I access this application? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

redex777 09-04-2009 07:19 PM

Re: Noob questions on VNC, logmein

Hi there, and welcome :).

Not sure about the authentication error, but if you install a program to your SD card instead of main memory, you have to create a shortcut and put it in your \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ directory. I recommend 'Total Commander' to do this, as it offers a lot more functionality/customization than the standard, built-in file explorer.

and about the LogMeIn service, I think that mobile plugin they made you install was for Internet Explorer Mobile, so use that instead of Opera (the default).

Hope this helps

jagojago 09-04-2009 08:40 PM

Thanks, I am actually using T commander, just didn't know what it was called at the time.

Logmein gets a bit further when using IE instead of opera, I can choose the "remote" connection to the computer but then it just hangs on a black screen until I quit.

For VNC, I still can't connect to the server. I tried disabling the password on the server and I still get an authentication error. Has anybody experienced this error before? I have nothing restricting the incoming connection on the server side.

vesty16277 09-04-2009 11:00 PM

I think it has to do with the new IE rather than the old one. I think once the TP2 is released with that IE they'll update their files. Contact them maybe they have a solution for you?