PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Doesn't make sense to me (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80646)

iviyth0s 08-23-2009 04:41 AM

Doesn't make sense to me

So I'm wondering why isn't every ringtone available for all of the different events. Like there will be a few ringtones available for "Incoming Call" that I can't set for something like "Wireless Network Discovered" or "Text Message Received" that I'd really like to.

Is there a way to have the phone use it's entire ringtone library for all the different events??

Boo Boo 08-23-2009 04:43 AM

Re: Doesn't make sense to me

you just have to put the ringtone you want in th folder where the other ringtones are

horndoctor 08-23-2009 04:45 AM

Yes, you can use any wav file really. Start by putting them in the windows folder by using file explorer and then when you go to sounds and notifications you can select the sound you want for those events. Other sounds like battery low notifications can be edited in the registry. :)

boredandtattooed 08-23-2009 04:49 AM

he can drop ringtones in /windows too for same thing...

iviyth0s 08-23-2009 04:54 AM

not just my own ringtones but where are the stock ones kept. I like some of the stock ringtones but they aren't available for every event equally

horndoctor 08-23-2009 05:00 AM

Most ringtones are located in the windows folder or windows/rings folder. :)

boredandtattooed 08-23-2009 05:03 AM

cant you only use .wav for certain events though??? that may be they issue hes running into

horndoctor 08-23-2009 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1117112)
cant you only use .wav for certain events though??? that may be they issue hes running into

Well, actually I believe I am using wav files for all of my events on my Vogue. I would assume the same would apply on the TP. I even changed the battery low one in the registry with a wav and it is working.

boredandtattooed 08-23-2009 05:13 AM

well i was gonna say i thought all the alerts,warning,etc had to be .wav, but i know you can set a song as a txt msg tone if you want....

itd have to be trimmed up though, im pretty sure the file cant be too big or it wont use it too

**edit** i just gave that "oldschool ringtone thread" guy the file he wanted, which was a WM default alert tone, and it was .wma .....there goes the .wav theory lol

iviyth0s 08-23-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1117116)
well i was gonna say i thought all the alerts,warning,etc had to be .wav, but i know you can set a song as a txt msg tone if you want....

itd have to be trimmed up though, im pretty sure the file cant be too big or it wont use it too

**edit** i just gave that "oldschool ringtone thread" guy the file he wanted, which was a WM default alert tone, and it was .wma .....there goes the .wav theory lol

haha it was a good thing to question. I'll check out the windows folder a bit